Apple replacing my iPad 2

thommie343

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I noticed right away the first time I tried to watch a movie that there was a yellow tinged light coming from the edges. I gave it time to see if it just needed to set being that I bought my iPad 2 on launch day. Well it never got better so I called and was told to restore the iPad and see if that works. I tried and like I already knew it did nothing. My iPad has also, from time to time, restarted it self while I was in the middle of doing something. So today I called back to apple, had to explain to them again what was going on. The agent on the other end laughed after I told her I was told to restore to see if that worked. I was put on hold so she could talk to her supervisors and when she came back she told me it was a hardware problem. They want the device back and will exchange it for a new one right away. So my choices where to send it in via ups and have to wait 5-7 working days for a new one or drive to the nearest apple store to exchange right away. Well it is only 25 miles away so my choice was obvious, considering I waited in line for this iPad for 3 hrs on launch day. I'm not mad every product have there share of defects, my first for an apple product, I've had every iPhone since the 3G, plus countless iPods before that. So if you have these problems give them a call that is all this post is about.

brendonlee

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 that need to be replaced but I'm wondering if I should wait a month or two to decrease my chances of getting one with the same problem. I also considered exchanging them at best buy but with the shortages I'm not sure what I should do. Any thoughts?

thommie343

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm not leaving with an iPad that has the same problem that is for sure. They all do not have this problem and personally I would take them to an apple store, If that is possible. If that is not possible then I would call apple support, you do have free phone support for 90 days from purchase date. Just my two cents. Also apple stores keep stock for exchange purposes only in the stores.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods