Change "Add to Home Screen" icon in Safari

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I believe your stuck with the image is automatically chooses, at least I haven't found a way to change it.. It's associated with the developers website coding.

If there is a way I'm sure someone will chime in and we'll both be happy, because a miniature snapshot of the webpage is NOT attractive whatsoever!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I wish more site designers would think of this...it's so easy...Apple even takes care of the rounded corners and gloss effect, all you have to do it upload an image. I did it for a blog in about five minutes from start to end.

In the meantime, zooming in before adding the bookmark should let you at least choose which part of the page you want to use. In other words, the icon will just use whatever is on your screen, so try zooming in on the site logo or some other interesting bit before hitting the + sign.

Last edited:
Reactions: iamtone

iamtone

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
i dont care much for how tipb has there logo on there homescreen bookmarks i wish it was just a screenshot of the website too

Altimate

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that the google voice web app changes icons depending on which GV page you choose to bookmark. Maybe some other websites do this too.

Neilkalman

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I got a solution for you guys

I had the same problem. I hate the screenshot icon for sites with no icon for the iPad/iPhone/iPod touch.
There's an app in the app store which called my clips which does exactly that. The free version got everything to do what we ask. The pro version can make the same links for SMS and calls for what i know but. Didn't try the pro one coz I'm cheap :)

Well... Although the program is not as easy and comftarble is I would imagine it does the job.
Just look for myclips in the app store

Neilkalman

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if my last post was posted but check out myclips in the app store for the solution. It does exactly that. You select an image as an icon and a link for it to open.

It's not perfect but it works

ch333ky

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
would love to read your "work around" but this site says I don't have adequate permission. Why do sights force you to create an account for just for f)(K)ing reading? geeze.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Change "Add to Home Screen" icon in Safari

this link
http://forum.tipb.com/apple-news-rum...ent-icons.html

no longer exits.... how frustrating... I signed up to this stupid forum just to see what was in that link and nothing...

Welcome to iMore! As appalling as it is, sometimes six year old links don’t work anymore. Another approach might be asking if anybody has any updated tips for this topic. Here’s another thread with links to some information that still work:

https://forums.imore.com/ask-question/268951-changing-picture-home-bookmark-possible.html

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice