Got my ipad2 today

willthetech

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
So my friend called me yesterday and told me that my local apple store got 50 iPad2s ready for sale the next day. But he told me to be there 5 hours before open time. So I got up at 3 and got there at 4, to my surprised there were already 5 people there. So after 5 of the worst hours I got a ticket and I was able to purchased my iPad 2 (16gb wifi on black). This was actually the first time I do this, I usually pre order online. But for sure I would never do this again on 40 degree weather :). So far I am loving my iPad 2, right away I can tell the difference from my old iPad. I just hope for the iPhone 5 they do pre-

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Yea, hopefully Apple will see that pre-orders are the way to go. I?m wondering what made them not want to do pre-orders on this iPad? I wonder if they thought it wouldn?t be as successful as they initially thought. Apple should know better by now, 99% of whatever they make is successful and the demand is always high.
I?m glad you got yours.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yea, hopefully Apple will see that pre-orders are the way to go. I?m wondering what made them not want to do pre-orders on this iPad? I wonder if they thought it wouldn?t be as successful as they initially thought. Apple should know better by now, 99% of whatever they make is successful and the demand is always high.
I?m glad you got yours.

I hope the iPhone5 is also a pre-order item... perhaps Apple did not have the stock on hand to supply a pre-order and in-store launch of the iPad2...

And I wonder how the results of the VZW iPhone4 pre-order/launch played into this release... it's possible that, though Apple sold a ton of VZW iPhone4s, they didn't get the overwhelming press bonanza that they anticipated...

But really, who knows why they do anything the way they do... I am just glad that they keep cranking out cool and useful devices...

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the ipad2 club!

Apple is insanely smart. My guess is instead of lines over night when no one will see people lined up they went with a 5pm launch so all the stores had lines during business hours. Publicity at it's finest.

johnmarshall4

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on getting yours! I just got mine today. It took 5 attempts, each time getting to the store earlier and earlier. Today was a little over 2 hours before the store opened. I've never waited in line for anything like that before - I'm not sure what came over me. It does seem like they get more stock each day though - so I wonder why my online order still said 5 weeks out (before I cancelled it).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro