iPad order delay

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Let me start off this post by saying I used to be quite the android fan. My first smartphone was the blackberry tour back in August 2009. In March 2010 I upgraded to the original droid, and I was sold by the huge upgrade it was over the blackberry. In October 2010 I upgraded to the Samsung Fascinate then I was going to upgrade to the HTC thunderbolt but the verizon iPhone news swayed me. I posted on the TipB forum , got some good advice and decided to go with the iPhone. I'm loving every second of it. Text is so crisp on the retina display and unlike the droid's shortcoming which keeps you wanting more, everything simply works. I feel no need to upgrade, even though the iPhone 5 is going to be awesome, I think for once I'd be perfectly fine with an old piece of technology.
Recently I was trying to figure out if I wanted the Ipad2 or Xoom and after the amazing experience I've had with mobile Apple products I went with the iPad2. I just ordered it tonight and it says there is a 4-5 week wait.
Now I get to the point of my post. Is that 4-5 week an actual time frame or an overestimation to keep people from complaining when they have to wait too long for their iPad2s?
Thanks for reading that wall of text and being a great community!

caleb22

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
Not sure anyone can say for sure other than we HOPE it's an overestimation. The good news is that people who have ordered online are starting to see progress. However, they are the ones that ordered immediately on Friday. I still doubt it's 4-5 weeks.

Buck1127

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Believe this....... I ordered my iPad 2 from apple on marsh 12th ship date April 11th. After calling Verizon best buy and apple stores I found my iPad 2 at Wal Mart no less wow talk about lucky and they just got them in and had three left oh lucky day

jponte55

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Believe this....... I ordered my iPad 2 from apple on marsh 12th ship date April 11th. After calling Verizon best buy and apple stores I found my iPad 2 at Wal Mart no less wow talk about lucky and they just got them in and had three left oh lucky day

I walked into a Walmart on launch day at 9 pm EST (not my proudest moment, but I needed TP and there was a sale!:D). I was not looking for the iPad 2 thinking there was no way they would have them but I heard another patron ask if they were in stock. Sure enough one black 64 gb wifi iPad left. So ironic, all these people standing in line for hours and even days after the launch. I guess you can call me lucky.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I walked into a Walmart on launch day at 9 pm EST (not my proudest moment, but I needed TP and there was a sale!:D). I was not looking for the iPad 2 thinking there was no way they would have them but I heard another patron ask if they were in stock. Sure enough one black 64 gb wifi iPad left. So ironic, all these people standing in line for hours and even days after the launch. I guess you can call me lucky.

I believe it... we were in WalMart on release day doing birthday toy shopping for a grandson... I wandered into the electronics department about 4:45 and discovered that they had TWO 64GB black wifi iPad2s... and NO LINE... no one had been in at all asking... so I took one for my wife... my sister-in-law had stood in line at the Apple store in another city and bought one for me and one for her...

petersenjp

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Best wife ever

My wife had ordered online. Well, because of an up coming trip, she cancelled it and stood in line at the store. Now, I am typing this on my spanking new iPad. Wow....

katrina2475

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

Add me to the lucky group. My husband gave me the go ahead on Friday to get my iPad so I was ready to order it online. Just for kicks, I checked Walmart's website first. The store near me showed limited stock on the 32gb wi fi version so I called to verify. The guy said they got 10 in that morning and there was 1 left. I got my kids ready and we hightailed it up there. I hadn't even showered yet. LOL We made it there in time and got the last one. I still can't believe I have it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro