So I just found Apple cancelled my iPad 2 order.

applemonkey

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I had the same thing happen to me today. I ordered my Ipad 2 on March 11th and received a confirmation. Today (March 13th) I went in and saw that my order had cancelled.

Phoned customer service and chatted for half an hour and they couldnt figure it out. Received an email tonight saying my order had cancelled because I exceeded the "customer limit"..........but I only ordered one.

They are trying to figure out, but they said I might have to reorder and be back of the bus, and wait 3-4 weeks for shipment, instead of the 5 days that was confirmed.

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I had the same thing happen to me today. I ordered my Ipad 2 on March 11th and received a confirmation. Today (March 13th) I went in and saw that my order had cancelled.

Phoned customer service and chatted for half an hour and they couldnt figure it out. Received an email tonight saying my order had cancelled because I exceeded the "customer limit"..........but I only ordered one.

They are trying to figure out, but they said I might have to reorder and be back of the bus, and wait 3-4 weeks for shipment, instead of the 5 days that was confirmed.

Yes, this really sucks. I also woke up early to order and get a delivery as quick as possible. Anyone else experienced this?

csacra

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me also. I'm in the military, stationed overseas. Apple says that my address was to a "PO Box or Commercial Remailing Facility" and those are not authorized. I had used my Earth Class Mail address, as with previous Apple orders, but now, all of a sudden, it's not an accepted mailing address for apple. I ordered the Ipad2 Friday, and they waited until today, to send me an email saying my order was cancelled. I had to end up using an "Apple approved" APO forwarding service, but of course, they couldn't "uncancel" my order, so now I have to wait and extra 2 weeks to even get my Ipad2 shipped! If they did this to everyone, they could meet all the promised shipping dates!

AppleFan

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue, Apple cancelled my order because they said it was going to be shipped to a "freight forwarder" although this was a US address which I'm using to forward my shipments when I'm overseas :( The cancellation and re-ordering had cost me 3 weeks of waiting time (my initial order was on March 11, the new one -after the cancellation- was on March 13)

arturo.c

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
My experience is even more frustrating. I too placed my order for a new iPad 2 on March 11th, and today I found an e-mail saying that the credit card had been declined and Apple wasn't able to contact me, so the order was cancelled.

Please note that the order was for a birthday present, and I also ordered a special engraving on the back of the iPad 2. I never received any e-mail from my credit card company or from Apple about problems with the payment. They just went ahead and cancelled it.

I am now very, very upset and I wonder whether I should sue Apple Inc. for "emotional distress"...

Maybe if there's enough claimants we could do a "class action"...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My experience is even more frustrating. I too placed my order for a new iPad 2 on March 11th, and today I found an e-mail saying that the credit card had been declined and Apple wasn't able to contact me, so the order was cancelled.

Please note that the order was for a birthday present, and I also ordered a special engraving on the back of the iPad 2. I never received any e-mail from my credit card company or from Apple about problems with the payment. They just went ahead and cancelled it.

I am now very, very upset and I wonder whether I should sue Apple Inc. for "emotional distress"...

Maybe if there's enough claimants we could do a "class action"...

I dont mean to be rude but you shouldnt have gave a CC that would have been declined. This all could have been avoided.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I guess I'm just lucky my white 32GB came with no major problems

Although I'm still waiting on my dock to ship April 1st.. Really not happy with Apple & this launch.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It is also my problem I ordered a MacBook Pro with Retina iPad 4 Promise Pegasus Logic studio and other Mac accsessories and softwares and the Time Machine 3 TB at first Apple emailed me and next I made the order again and Apple did not email or call me that it was cancelled:confused::confused::eek::(:rolleyes::confused::mad::mad:

You do realize that your response is to a post that was made over 2 years ago, right?