I may or may not have an Ipad 2 coming in the next week or two.....

Palm-a-PREciation

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
This is my first post, I've been lurking for about a month or so, but finally registered here.

So, I missed out on ordering the Ipad 2 on Friday night (I knew I wanted to order it through Wal-Mart since we get a discount there), I didn't get to the store on Friday night, and I'm sure they are out of stock in the store.

I saw that they were out of stock online yesterday. I happened to be checking on Wal-Marts site, and first it showed the Ipad 2's were out of stock, then I entered it again, and now the Ipad 2 White wi-fi versions showed to be in stock, so I hurried up and ordered a 32 GB white wi-fi (which is what I wanted to get), and my order has went through! About 10-15 minutes later, they were showing as out of stock again.

So I don't know if I happened to luck out to get one, or if there was a glitch in their system, and they really are of stock :confused:

I'll feel better if I get an email saying that it's been shipped (it'll be shipped site to store, which always takes awhile, but I'm ok with the wait)

Palm-a-PREciation

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
So, my order on Wal-Mart has went from simply saying:

Processing
Your order is being processed
to now saying
Processing
Your order is being processed. It is estimated to arrive between Friday, 03/18/2011 and Thursday, 03/24/2011

Seems to be a good sign!!! Hopefully soon, it'll say it's been shipped!!

Palm-a-PREciation

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm in shock.....just saw that my Ipad 2 has been shipped!!!!!!!!!!! According Wal-Mart, it should be ready to be picked up between this Friday and next Thursday.......the shipping is being sent by Fed Ex (must be sending it by Fed Ex to the store), and Fed Ex is showing a estimated delivery by Monday the 21st!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe I actually got this thing ordered. Missing out of it on Friday, and then it being out of stock since then, I figured I'd have to wait until Wal-Mart got more in stock.....I'm shocked I was able to get the order in on Sunday afternoon, and it's actually shipped!! I really thought I'd get a backorder notice, due to some computer glitch that allowed it to show in stock for those 10-15 minutes!! The only thing I can think of is maybe some people ordered them online, and then canceled their orders, putting them back into the system to be available to order? Maybe they found them at the store, and then canceled their online order....whatever the case, I'm pretty happy right now!!

edit_text

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations. I was in a similar boat to you, I was not able to order mine right away. My order was made directly from Apple midday on the 13th. God only knows when I will see it.

e_t

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2