HOW do you use your iPad 1 or 2?

Cahow

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi All!

I'm a regular member at the Android portion of this website and write and host a Tech Forum for a Cooking Website that I'm trying to bring into the 21st Century.

On that forum, there has been an EXTREME amount of interest about the new iPad launch but not a single member has one. Many members have iProducts: iPhones, iTouch and iPod's but as of yet, it's Virgin Territory for those members and iPads.

I want to be exceedinly fair to the Apple Community and hear directly from admirerers of Apple products and exclusively users of the iPad 1 or 2, so I can give feedback to the men and women who love to cook but are terrified of new technology.

I read CNN Tech News, AllTouch, Cnet, Amazon Forums for Android and Apple and other sources but I'm reading skewed accounts of what iPad users want their tablets for. No matter where I read it, it sounds as if the reason why 90% of buyers get the iPad is to a) game, b) read email, c) look at videos, d) facebook...and now e) play with GarageBand and Angry Birds, of course. From The Chicago Tribune to the S.F. Chronicles, I've read how Mum's are giving their 8 years olds their old iPad "to play with" so they can buy the new iPad2.

Wow! This isn't a good image of the iPad2, in these still hard economic times where so many people are out of work, gas prices are through the roof, and many people are cutting out cable, Starbuck's and dining out to survive.

I need this image changed, or varified, with YOUR posts. Fundamentally, does the iPad 1 & 2 just attract the small, wealthy and recession-proof segment of society that can spend $1000 in one years time for iPad1 and 2? Are only gamers, tweeters and farmville people the primary users? I own a different OS tablet and 90% of it's use is dedicated to business. I rooted it to delete all social media and gaming to free up space. It's a brilliant machine for work, but I don't use it to "play".

I'm hoping that I'll receive some honest and helpful answers that I can use to inform and educate a large group of people with money in their pockets, who would like to know if the iPad2 is the right purchase for themselves. This is a conservative and fairly wealthy segment I write for, who "think" before they buy and must have the facts down before they commit. Just getting them used to the concept of e-books has been a huge accomplishment. :)

Thanks in advance. I respect the Apple Community and hope my post reflects that respect. I'd just like to find out if the primary use of the iPad is fun, business, or a blend of both for most users.

Tone1981

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
I bought the ipad2 because I did not buy the 1st one, I use the iPad for many things including some you said. I mostly use it to get online and and pay bills watch video normal kinda things, but it also services well for the kids when in the car and they want to watch a movie, it was better than having a tv installed cause it does so much more. The wife does use it for farmville and I do use it for use light gaming, but really its my new laptop I will use this to do things on the go and now the kids can have the real laptop. The last big reason is that when am out of town for wk the kids and the wife can now FaceTime me on my ip4, it's nice to see ur kids faces when u are out of town for a wk or so. I killed alot of birds with 1 stone with this buy, hope this helped...

Reactions: Cahow

Cahow

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
It does help, Tone! Thanks for being the only person to take the time to answer my question. From all my readings and similar question on the Android side of this website, it seems that the Galaxy Tablet is being used very heavily for business applications and the iPad (1 or 2) is being used for leisure. One person who owns an iPad2 at the forum I host just posted that she uses her iPad2 as a "giant recipe card so that I can organize and download my recipes, keep track of them and see them without glasses." So, the iPad is very helpful to her in a personal way, but certainly not in a professional way. I'm finding that iPad, like you, Tone, are using them for much more personal reasons, which is interesting. Thanks so much for your answer and time, Tone. Appreciate it!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I used mine (iPad 1) as a "light" replacement for my MBP... email, some web surfing, twitter, RSS reader, some light gaming, and watching movies/videos... it's also my Bible, my bookshelf and my remote control for my DirecTV receivers/DVRs... in short, I use it for almost everything... it's great with traveling and is light enough and small enough to stick in my backback and take it where ever I go.

That said, I am getting the iPad2 as a bit of an impulse buy. I had decided not to go the iPad2, but my sister-in-law was in line at the Apple store last Friday and I was texting with her... she asked if I wanted her to pick one up for me and before I realized it, I said "sure, why not"... so now I have an iPad2 on the way...my wife also got an iPad2 on Friday, so we're decked out... we plan to use the FaceTime feature a lot with the kids/grandkids as we travel (one has a Mac, others have iPhone4s and late generation iPods (with cameras), so besides all of the stuff we already do with the iPad 1, we will both do that and FaceTime with the iPad2s... We sold the iPad 1 to recoup some of the cost, but we have the disposable income, so cost really wasn't a huge issue for us.

Last edited:

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I use my iPad for several reasons, yes it is a smaller much more portable extension of my MacBook Pro, I need my MacBook to do several things that my iPad can not do, such as Dreamweaver, Adobe Photo editing, and much more..

I use my iPad daily as my newspaper, ireader, magazines..
I use it as an educational tool for toddlers, interactive flashcards, story books, etc..
I use it to track my health, I have to chart all my food, check blood draw results on my health providers website and correspond with doctors..
I use it at meetings to coordinate scheduling, take notes, I always say if the info isn't in my iPad synced to my iPhone and MacBook, then it doesn't exist! I have every contact I could ever need synced to all 3 devices..
I use it to reconcile our checkbook & savings accounts..
I use it for light gaming, Farmville, Boggle, Suduko, etc..
I use it to check forums, blog and tech sites..

The iPad has become the first and last device I use each day..

Last edited:

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I just bought an iPad 1 a week ago. I waited until they announced the iPad 2 so I'd get a good deal. I already had the iPhone 4 and use it so much that the iPad was just a natural progression for me since it's larger and easier to see. I use it for news, music, books, Facebook, Internet surfing, recipes, a digital picture frame, catching up on my favorite shows, email, etc. The size is perfect for me since it fits nicely in my larger bags. I've owned laptops before and they're just too bulky to pack around.

They should have named it iEverything! ;)

Last edited:

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I own the iPad 1 and just got an iPad 2 on Friday. I do think because of the ecosystem that Apple has in place that the bulk of iPad owners use them casually. However, I know from my own business many other business owners and professional that use the iPad it is much more than casual.

I am associated with several professional agencies that use the iPad as part of their practice. Doctors monitoring patients vital signs and even transmitting doctor orders to nurses in facilities. Nurses doing progress notes, keeping medication logs to name a few.

I know attorneys that use then for taking notes, reviewing case law.

In my own business I use them for meetings, to do list, email, collaboration with other professionals on documents. I also approve accounts payable and recievable. I can do on site invoicing and even print the invoice via a mobile printer, which also adds it to my client database. We do progress notes, employee time sheets, and the list goes on.

So, while I think many use the device for casual use, do not make the mistake to assume it cannot be used for real work in a professional setting. I know countless professionals that use them every single day for work.

I appears that you think because of the causual use that Apple has tapped into, that this means the iPad could or would not be up for the challenge in a professional setting and you would be wrong. The ease of use and long battery life makes this baby a work horse.

Then at then end of the day, YES I have the option to play a little bit. When on the roadmthat comes in handy. Being able to easily FaceTime with family while on long trips is just icing on the cake. Given the number of productivity apps, not even included non published enterprise apps, the iPad in my book is superior to any other tablet on the market including the Galaxy Tab. Which I have tried and took it back. The battery life alone was a huge turn off.

That is my two cents!

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Perhaps the OP should enlighten everyone on how he's using the GTab heavily for business. What unique features allows this over using an ipad?

Me thinks the OP already knows what he needs to know about an ipad. What's the point here? You want to educate a large number of people with money to spend (but terrified of technology) on whether they should get an ipad? Seriously? Versus what? An android pad??

Don't see a cahow at android central?

Cahow

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I use my iPad for several reasons, yes it is a smaller much more portable extension of my MacBook Pro, I need my MacBook to do several things that my iPad can not do, such as Dreamweaver, Adobe Photo editing, and much more..

I use my iPad daily as my newspaper, ireader, magazines..
I use it as an educational tool for toddlers, interactive flashcards, story books, etc..
I use it to track my health, I have to chart all my food, check blood draw results on my health providers website and correspond with doctors..
I use it at meetings to coordinate scheduling, take notes, I always say if the info isn't in my iPad synced to my iPhone and MacBook, then it doesn't exist! I have every contact I could ever need synced to all 3 devices..
I use it to reconcile our checkbook & savings accounts..
I use it for light gaming, Farmville, Boggle, Suduko, etc..
I use it to check forums, blog and tech sites..

The iPad has become the first and last device I use each day..

Morning, Calif! Your use pretty much mirrors how I use my Galaxy Tablet; I swear, I feel as if I grafted it to my skin and that is NOT a complaint!!! :) I use mine as an alarm, so it starts off my day; then listening to news on radio.com; check work schedule; make To Do List; record client checks; schedule appointments; check email; order lunch for the crew from the take-out menu online; use my app that features Pantry organization to decide what I'm making for dinner; have app that reads recipe back to me to make dinner; and at night, check email on it, surf favourite cooking/tech websites; maybe watch a movie on it and then read my current book, via the Kindle app.

I was lucky; I'm able to document and justify how extraordinary it is as a business tool so I'm able to take it off on my taxes. I know that many Apple fans are dissing the camera on the iPad2 but it's bloody brilliant as a business tool! Just this past December, I was trying to explain to a client who was vacationing in California, an item I needed to get for their home. They finally said, "Just get it". Had I had the tab at that time, I could have taken a shot, imbedded it into an email, and had it off to them in 8 seconds flat. (I timed how long it takes from photo to email. ;) ).

Thanks for your well documented use, CalifJewls. Nice to know that for some, it's become a hybrid of Business/Pleasure, as my tablet is for me.

katiiegm

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
What I use my IPAD for

I got my Ipad 1 in August - best birthday present ever! I use it for all the normal stuff (email, news, surfing, games) plus it enables me to travel on vacations without lugging my 15 inch MBP. With LogMeIn - i leave my MBP on at home and can access anything for work that I need. I use DropBox and Docs to Go to create, edit, and share/email files. I also keep a personal journal with Evernote. That's what i got Evernote for but I find I use it for everything - taking notes at meetings, creating shopping lists and then reading them from my phone, taking pictures with my phone of wine bottles I like and keeping a small wine journal on my Ipad. That, Flipboard, and Crosswords are probably my three favorite apps. I don't think my husband realized he was unleashing a monster when he got me this.

I plan to get the Ipad2 - as soon as I can - I didn't want to order online without holding it in my hand to make sure I could see real improvements that would justify the upgrade, besides of course the really cool cover. So it looks like i will have to wait a while. I may talk myself out if it by then - although my daughter has high hopes of inheriting my Ipad1 so I am sure she will stay on my case!

Cahow

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I own the iPad 1 and just got an iPad 2 on Friday. I do think because of the ecosystem that Apple has in place that the bulk of iPad owners use them casually. However, I know from my own business many other business owners and professional that use the iPad it is much more than casual.

I am associated with several professional agencies that use the iPad as part of their practice. Doctors monitoring patients vital signs and even transmitting doctor orders to nurses in facilities. Nurses doing progress notes, keeping medication logs to name a few.

I know attorneys that use then for taking notes, reviewing case law.

In my own business I use them for meetings, to do list, email, collaboration with other professionals on documents. I also approve accounts payable and recievable. I can do on site invoicing and even print the invoice via a mobile printer, which also adds it to my client database. We do progress notes, employee time sheets, and the list goes on.

So, while I think many use the device for casual use, do not make the mistake to assume it cannot be used for real work in a professional setting. I know countless professionals that use them every single day for work.

I appears that you think because of the causual use that Apple has tapped into, that this means the iPad could or would not be up for the challenge in a professional setting and you would be wrong. The ease of use and long battery life makes this baby a work horse.

Then at then end of the day, YES I have the option to play a little bit. When on the roadmthat comes in handy. Being able to easily FaceTime with family while on long trips is just icing on the cake. Given the number of productivity apps, not even included non published enterprise apps, the iPad in my book is superior to any other tablet on the market including the Galaxy Tab. Which I have tried and took it back. The battery life alone was a huge turn off.

That is my two cents!

OTACORB: Trust me, I do NOT presume that the iPad is not up to the task of being used by and for professions!!! I'm very sorry if I gave that impression because it's the furthest thing from my intentions! I started this thread with the hope that actual iPad users would share HOW they use their iPads and I've received amazing insight and uses for the device. From all my daily readings about the iPad, however, it was posts from actual users talking about the gaming, facebook, and video use that leaves many non-tablet users thinking that tablets in general, are for people under the age of 30 and used as a "toy" rather than serious business practices.

Now, mind you, we ALL have the right to enjoy our devices as we best see fit! Whether a person listens to Classical Music or Heavy Metal on their MP3 player, it doesn't take the experience away and neither listener gets more "credit" for listening to what they choose. Likewise, if someone with a lot of money chooses to ONLY use a tablet (iPad, Galaxy, Xoom) to read books, that doesn't diminish their pleasure of the device. I hope I'm clear on that fact! But marketing is marketing is marketing and how a company chooses to market themselves and how a device is ACTUALLY used can be two very different things!

For instance, when I researched my Galaxy Tablet, it was marketed equally to both male & female users. On Samsung's website, one of their tutorials is "The Galaxy Tablet and the Busy Mom!" They also show how a typical day in the life of a business person can be aided by the tablet. On the opposite spectrum, the Motorola Xoom's marketing appears to target 30-something males, of a mixed racial profile, who want to play "Transformers" or "The Matrix Characters." What an utter turn-off!!! Now that I have an Android tablet, I'm able to look past the wanker ads for the Xoom but if I had no experience, I'd immediately discount the use of the Xoom tablet.

At the Cooking Website that I have my Tech Forum, it is mostly populated by men and women over the age of 50, loads in their 60's, with tons of extra cash. However, they are very, very unsophisticated regarding ANY and ALL technology; 90% only have a desk top computer and NO cell phone, digital camera, e-reader, tablet, or gaming system. It's not that they are adverse to owning them; they are just terrified of items that they have no experience with! My goal, with that forum, is to Baby-Step them into what electronic devices can do for them and to be fair to the Apple Community and Andoid Community (along with RIM and others) and educate them as to how these incredible devices can actually enhance their lives. For instance, I found this most amazing app from Apple, yesterday, called The Recipe Box! What a brilliant app for people who are passionate about cooking! It is soley available on the Apple iOS; I contacted the developer and they dont' know the Andoid OS so they can't make a companion app for that system. So, when I reported about that app, yesterday, it puts another tick mark that is PRO Apple and the potential for members to desire an iPad.

I hope that by reading my post, OTACORB, you realize that I do NOT think the iPad incapable of being a highly effective business tool. But, without people's posts, I can only go with how websites pitch iPad's uses and they are gearing towards the "fun" factor, not the productivity factor. That is why I created this thread; to get actual iPad users to share what they use them for, whether fun, work or a combination of the two. A person who uses it to entertain their children while they get to catch their breath as a parent is just as valid as someone doing a million dollar buy-out of a corporation. It's just interesting to see what a 10" tablets uses are, compared to a 7" tablet.

Cahow

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I used mine (iPad 1) as a "light" replacement for my laptop... email, some web surfing, twitter, RSS reader, some light gaming, and watching movies/videos... it's also my Bible, my bookshelf and my remote control for my DirecTV receivers/DVRs... in short, I use it for almost everything... it's great with traveling and is light enough and small enough to stick in my backback and take it where ever I go.

That said, I am getting the iPad2 as a bit of an impulse buy. I had decided not to go the iPad2, but my sister-in-law was in line at the Apple store last Friday and I was texting with her... she asked if I wanted her to pick one up for me and before I realized it, I said "sure, why not"... so now I have an iPad2 on the way...my wife also got an iPad2 on Friday, so we're decked out... we plan to use the FaceTime feature a lot with the kids/grandkids as we travel (one has a Mac, others have iPhone4s and late generation iPods (with cameras), so besides all of the stuff we already do with the iPad 1, we will both do that and FaceTime with the iPad2s... We sold the iPad 1 to recoup some of the cost, but we have the disposable income, so cost really wasn't a huge issue for us.

Hank: I like that you use yours as your Bible. That will go over well with the members of my forum community. Thanks for adding that point!

Cahow

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps the OP should enlighten everyone on how he's using the GTab heavily for business. What unique features allows this over using an ipad?

Me thinks the OP already knows what he needs to know about an ipad. What's the point here? You want to educate a large number of people with money to spend (but terrified of technology) on whether they should get an ipad? Seriously? Versus what? An android pad??

Don't see a cahow at android central?

No, I'm Miss Minnesota at Android Central. I use a more gender neutral name at websites now so it doesn't look like I'm a former beauty queen. LOL

I truly do NOT know anything about the iPad beyond the beautiful commercials that Apple has on TV and what I read at Tech Websites. They have a Love/Hate affair with Apple, which I can't understand. When the headline to so many articles is "Will THIS tablet be the iPad Killer?" you gotta wonder what their agenda is.

My agenda at that forum is to educate the members about ALL technology and how it is NOT scary and can be used to aid them in their cooking lives and...by osmosis...their normal every day life. These are people that 4 years ago laughed and scoffed at me (lovingly) when I got the "radical" Kindle. Now, 4 years later, a huge percentage of them have bought one for a grandchild or an adult child but still aren't willing....yet...to give up "Dead Tree Books." Yet.:rolleyes:

I began a poll three months ago when I started that forum. It asked members, "What Personal Electronic Device(s) Will You PURCHASE this year?" I listed every.single.thing. that is out there, from tablets, to e-readers, to gaming systems, printers, etc. The #1 device that members wanted to buy was a TABLET! They were extemely curious about them, but still wanted to make sure that they would work within their life style. Since many of the members already have iPhones or Mac's, they are used to the iOS of Apple but twitchy regarding tablets in general. They can't see coughing up $500-$800 for a device pitched as a large iPod or Gaming system, which none of them have or want.

Regarding Android or Apple, it seems that the men on the website have the iPhones and the women on the site (for whatever reason) have Android phones, even within the same family. So, Android tablets are a serious consideration, especially when they can use the same apps on their smartphones as they could on future tablets. And...WHY do they have Smartphones? Not because they use them; it was a natural upgrade with their carrier. They barely know how to enter a new contact with them!

I shall look past your snarky attitude, cardfan, and concentrate on the Apple owners who wrote helpful posts.

Cahow

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I got my Ipad 1 in August - best birthday present ever! I use it for all the normal stuff (email, news, surfing, games) plus it enables me to travel on vacations without lugging my 15 inch MBP. With LogMeIn - i leave my MBP on at home and can access anything for work that I need. I use DropBox and Docs to Go to create, edit, and share/email files. I also keep a personal journal with Evernote. That's what i got Evernote for but I find I use it for everything - taking notes at meetings, creating shopping lists and then reading them from my phone, taking pictures with my phone of wine bottles I like and keeping a small wine journal on my Ipad. That, Flipboard, and Crosswords are probably my three favorite apps. I don't think my husband realized he was unleashing a monster when he got me this.

I plan to get the Ipad2 - as soon as I can - I didn't want to order online without holding it in my hand to make sure I could see real improvements that would justify the upgrade, besides of course the really cool cover. So it looks like i will have to wait a while. I may talk myself out if it by then - although my daughter has high hopes of inheriting my Ipad1 so I am sure she will stay on my case!

LOVE that you are taking photos of wines you enjoy! What a creative idea, katiegm. I just read a post at my forum, yesterday, where a member was surprised by her husband on Saturday with a brand new iPad2 for their anniversary!!! It came Out of The Blue; she didn't ask for one or hint at one, he just thought she might enjoy it. So, what does she do? Immediately look for cooking apps! LOL She found one called Recipe Box that is SO incredible, so amazing that I'm actually leaning towards buying a used iPad on ebay (16GB and Wi-Fi only!) just for that app! I contacted the developers of the app, asked if they did Android (many app developers work with both OS's) but sadly, they were schooled in Apple Speak and know nothing about Android.

There's an Apple Flagship store 4 blocks from where I live so on a rainy day that I can't landscape, I plan to walk over there and have one of the employees show me HOW an iPad works; I know it's got to have different commands than the Gal-Tab. If you like cooking, katiegm, you should check out that app! There is NOTHING like it in the Android app store; I check weekly for cooking apps and that is lightyears away from anything offered on Android.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hank: I like that you use yours as your Bible. That will go over well with the members of my forum community. Thanks for adding that point!

There are some great Bible programs out there for the iOS platform - many of them free... and it is generally well received after the pastor and other church goers realize that I am not playing AngryBirds during the pastor's sermon. :)

I have about 8 different translations and a couple of study/commentary works as well... imagine trying to haul all of those physical books to church every week! :)

lawls

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I use mine for school mostly. I take notes in all my classes because my MB is too ancient to lug around.
I also use it for web browsing, news, and some light gaming.

canadu

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
The diversified use of the iPad or the iPad2 is what makes it a really unique tool. I purchased mine because I live on the road and I hate removing two laptops at the security gate i-pad solves this because I only have to remove my work laptop and I can keep my eye pad stored while walking through security. *Aside from eases of travel my iPad is very convenient because I can run outlook emulations on safari and some work apps are now being modified to the iOS platform.
This is a consumer economy regardless of economic times. I believe Apple captures the emotional sentiment of American consumers by developing products people want as we as product envy not to mention a great platform for developers to build on. I believe Apple competitors now have to pick up the challenge to create better products or challenging product at a good price point.*
I now simply wish I could upload content.

Cahow

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
There are some great Bible programs out there for the iOS platform - many of them free... and it is generally well received after the pastor and other church goers realize that I am not playing AngryBirds during the pastor's sermon. :)

I have about 8 different translations and a couple of study/commentary works as well... imagine trying to haul all of those physical books to church every week! :)

We have a dedicated "Prayer/Inspiration" forum at that Cooking Site and it is an active part of the community. It's ideas such as yours that I will share with the members, that can help them embrace tablets. And the weight issue is an important factor, since this is a Baby Boomer website (currently) and there are many members with medical issues where weight limits apply.

Although they thump their chests mightily about "The smell, the feel, the wonder" of an actual paper book, the 2nd device picked in my poll was an "e-reader". Now, many of the members have "heard" of a Kindle but never seen nor used one. However, with an iPad or Tablet, you can ALSO read books, along with so many other uses. One of the reasons why I chose the Gal-Tab is that it has an open system, so I have an app for Kindle, Sony, Nook, Google and Calibre. I don't believe you can do that with an iPad, if I have my facts correct. I like having the different vendors apps to shop for the BEST price on ebooks; one series of books that I downloaded from Kindle cost .99 cents each at amazon. They were $3.99 each at Sony!

Another HUGE bonus of a tablet is the backlight and the expandable text. Many members have mentioned that they feel like they need "reader glasses for their reader glasses" and a tablet or e-reader is sounding tempting so they can read larger type. Many books through the library are not available in large type so they can't read all the books they want to enjoy.

As your other post, Hank, your insight is a bonus!

Cahow

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I use mine for school mostly. I take notes in all my classes because my MB is too ancient to lug around.
I also use it for web browsing, news, and some light gaming.

lawls: would you elaborate on HOW you take notes on the iPad? I frequent the generic Tablet forum at amazon and one of the more requested tasks from a tablet is dedicated note taking options. Tablets are SO new that most of the responders have no information to share.:( After all, it was only April 2010 that the original iPad came out.

Cahow

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
The diversified use of the iPad or the iPad2 is what makes it a really unique tool. I purchased mine because I live on the road and I hate removing two laptops at the security gate i-pad solves this because I only have to remove my work laptop and I can keep my eye pad stored while walking through security. *Aside from eases of travel my iPad is very convenient because I can run outlook emulations on safari and some work apps are now being modified to the iOS platform.
This is a consumer economy regardless of economic times. I believe Apple captures the emotional sentiment of American consumers by developing products people want as we as product envy not to mention a great platform for developers to build on. I believe Apple competitors now have to pick up the challenge to create better products or challenging product at a good price point.*
I now simply wish I could upload content.

I think that Apple competitors have to "get their balls back" from whomever they gave them to and just knuckle down and develop a quality tablet. I've aware that Steve Jobs scoffs at the 7" size; I've read and reread his quote that "7" are Tweeners" and he has NO plans of offering one to Apple users. Pity. Because if he, indeed, had offered a 10" iPad and an 8" or 7" iPad, I wouldn't have even thought of starting this thread! I've owned a Sony Reader since their lauch in 2006 and am extremely familiar with the 7" footprint and am in love with it!

Just like the Entourage Edge has a very loyal and dedicated community but you never see an ad for it, future tablet marketers need to find that niche market that Apple isn't fulfilling and just settle down and make a dual core, Flash Supported tablet. The Xoom is the only one out there using Honeycomb; if Samsung got their act together and created an upgrade for the Gal-Tab or an 8" tablet rather than yet another 10" one, they'd grab the marketshare of folks who want/need a smaller tablet.

I adore competition and as a business owner, I say "Bring it!" to all my competitors! It keeps me on my toes and current, rather than being bloated, lazy and complacent. Just as in digital cameras and cell phones there are choices galore and everyone is happy, so it needs to be with tablets. Let Apple lovers buy the iPad; let Android lovers buy their tablet; let RIM lovers buy theirs, etc. It's a big planet with loads of money and lots of future customers for everyone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative