I was disappointed with the iPad 2

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I understand that some people aren't happy with the quality of the cameras. So let me just ask another question, if the cameras were alot better at the cost of an extra 100 bucks would any of you consider it?

lawls

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I think if I had to substitute crappy cameras for a more affordable price i would. People right now talk about the iPad being expensive, and I think with iP4 level cameras the price would be significantly higher.

Besides, Apple has to leave something for iPad 3, if they give us everything now no one will want the next gen. At the moment there is only so much they can give us. Its a great device sure, but its not an all-in-one, solve every problem device

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I think people view it as expensive because they lump it in with netbooks which cost 199 and 299. I don't think it's expensive at all. If you look at other things that are interests there are alot that are way more expensive. It is hard to find a good DSLR for the same price. If you buy used gear or old models then sure but at that point it's not really comparable. I have friends who buy $1400 lenses all the time. My hobby is modifying cars, last year modifications and maintenance together I spent over 15K. So when you really look at it I find it to be a very reasonable price.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I understand that some people aren't happy with the quality of the cameras. So let me just ask another question, if the cameras were alot better at the cost of an extra 100 bucks would any of you consider it?

No, I would not pay more for a bit better camera. I used them today to take some snap shots and video. They look fine to me given that I am using a tablet to take them. I also felt sort of stupid holding up this 10" iPad to take pictures and video. hehehe

I think Apple did the right thing. Cheaper cams to keep the price point.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site

I don't think that's the way it would have to be, but assuming it were...maybe I would sacrifice Americans jump for a better camera. In other words, get a 32GB model instead of 64GB.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I think people view it as expensive because they lump it in with netbooks which cost 199 and 299. I don't think it's expensive at all. If you look at other things that are interests there are alot that are way more expensive. It is hard to find a good DSLR for the same price. If you buy used gear or old models then sure but at that point it's not really comparable. I have friends who buy $1400 lenses all the time. My hobby is modifying cars, last year modifications and maintenance together I spent over 15K. So when you really look at it I find it to be a very reasonable price.

I think you just made a better case for why it isn't expensive to you than why it is expensive to others.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I think if I had to substitute crappy cameras for a more affordable price i would. People right now talk about the iPad being expensive, and I think with iP4 level cameras the price would be significantly higher.

Besides, Apple has to leave something for iPad 3, if they give us everything now no one will want the next gen. At the moment there is only so much they can give us. Its a great device sure, but its not an all-in-one, solve every problem device

Apple charges an extra $100 for an extra 32GB of storage, when we know it doesn't cost anywhere near that much and an extra $200 for 48 more gigs.

So, sure, you could say that the iPad would cost more, except that it's not a function of what HAS to be. It's about what Apple chooses.

Just like last year when they chose to make a space for the camera in the first iPad, but didn't put one in it.

Just like they chose to make an iphone with better features, but that costs less than the iPad - even unsubsidized, iirc. Take the retina display away from iphone 4 and take the thinness from ipad 2 and then compare. Cell reception in one, bigger display on the other but dramatic price difference...and iPhone 4 was made last year.

FastNOC

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
personally i find the cameras just fine. I'm not using an iPad to shoot video, and why in the world would it support 1080p video recording when it can't even display 1080p? that's like putting 5000 tires on a hybrid. looks cool, but is pointless.

gameboy213

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Personally I don't have any complaints with the iPad 2. I feel like it is what the first one should have been.

Very glad that I upgraded.

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Wow!

The problem that I have with the first post of this thread is that basically, if you found your way from the front page to this forum then surely you saw all of the one million articles all over the Internet including the front page of this site saying that the cameras took bad photos. If I post a sign on a road that says that there's a cliff ahead are you gonna drive off and be mad that there was actually a cliff?! This makes no sense to me. You seem like an intelligent person so I'll assume that you normally do a little research while waiting to drop several dead presidents on ANYTHING. How did you not know this before you got in line?!

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Wow!

By the way. I also have a Nikon DSLR and an iPhone 4. They both have excellent cameras. Therefore, I never intended to use my iPad as a camera. I also have an HD video camera so I doubt I'll ever shoot video with my iPad. The cameras are for FaceTime. It's been said long before the lines started forming for iPad 2 sales. I just don't get what your problem is since I'm sure that you saw all the same reviews and articles that I did. I'm afraid that I've come to the conclusion that you sir are a troll.

rymurata

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Russian input about iPad 2

Nothing here relates to the apple ipad2. This is all garbage but written in Russian. What a waste of space!

ipodfreek

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
What's with the unnecessary attitude?

He has every right to feel that way. iPad's aren't cheap. You have no idea what his needs are. Quit being a troll.

Maybe you'd be better off with a FRIGGING CAMERA that does what you want rather than trying to make one device be the jack of all trades. A jack of all trades is a master of none. It should be all about using the right tool for the job. An iPad should not be the first tool of choice for someone wanting to be serious about taking good pictures or video. That's what cameras are for.

SMH :(

cory2107

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Pick something better to complain about.

Irrelevant. Most users won't care about the rear-facing camera. It's a tablet. Who take pictures with a tablet? Not me. It would look awkward.

You can find something better to complain about.

Thenk83

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Well coming from a person that has never used a tab let alone owned one. I'm not disappointed at all. This is my new toy and my wife knows to scoot over because it's sleeping with me. The camera even though it's low quality is still fun to use with PhotoBooth. You don't need pimple spotting quality with a fun camera. The build of the iPad is solid and the display is great to me. I'm sure it would look way awesome with a retina display. But, again I don't think it's entirely needed. My biggest disappointment is with Apple Apps and file support. But I'm sure it'll get better with time.

FLskydiver

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Here is what would seal the deal for me.

- 1080p recording at 30fps (and hopefully 60fps, but that's probably not going to happen for a few years.
- At least a 5MP camera. I would actually like something around 6MP with better HDR capability and a few more manual controls, like ISO and aperture adjustments.
- Retina display.
- 128Gigs of Memory.

Yeah, that would certainly do it for me too - LOL. Maybe iPad 4.

SHOCKED. SHOCKED!! that Apple put inferior cameras on the iPad 2 than what I already had on my iPhone 4. Especially after that awesome demo of iMovie for iPad.

Deal. Broken.

Right there.

NAWF_SIDE

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Well the cameras are just lame..: but I never use them.. And I olny got a iPad 2 cause, bestbuy refuse to give me my money back,when I took back a BB playbook,,(so I did a exchange for a iPad2) the cameras on it where excellent !! But not enough apps!! Besides that,, it crashed too much!! ... Needless to say,, I learned to luv my non jailbrOken iPad :( lol

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR