iPad screen blotches

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
So who has this issue? apparently many ppl have this problem. Some say it's glue not dried. But the LCD ia not glued to glass! I'm beginning to think it's a flaw and light bleed instead. Mine is in bottom right corner, right of the home button. Many people have it on the same place.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Same thing thing happened with iPhone 4 on release. These devices are shipped as soon as they are built. Give it a few days and i bet it goes away

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Same thing thing happened with iPhone 4 on release. These devices are shipped as soon as they are built. Give it a few days and i bet it goes away

I second this, same issue before. The iPad 2 is thinner than the original so instead of clips to hold the screen to the unit they used glue and alot of it. So I think if you give it a couple days for the glue to set it will go away otherwise return it. The processors were found that some had a build date of Jan and Feb 2011, since we're in March that is a very down to the wire production.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I hope so, but the screen is not glued. I guess I should give few days. I have 14 days and besides it's sold out everywhere here.

isaac65

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I got this too. But I think they're right. I think this is that glue stuff that was happening with the iPhone 4. Just give it a few days. Hey, at least we know our iPads are brand spanking new! :D

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Funny thing is this was a huge "problem" for the iPhone4 when it was first released... then "suddenly" reports of the "problem" disappeared, just like the yellow tint... chill and all will be well... not an issue, trust me.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
My iPad 2 isn't demonstrating any yellow blotches or light bleed. Picked mine up at my local best buy ... They only got 15 in.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I hope so, but the screen is not glued. I guess I should give few days. I have 14 days and besides it's sold out everywhere here.

It may be sold out everywhere but Apple usually keeps a set number aside for replacements. For dead on arrivals and so forth

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
My iPad 2 isn't demonstrating any yellow blotches or light bleed. Picked mine up at my local best buy ... They only got 15 in.

Yeah I've looked at my screen hard and I don't see any issues.

Got mine at Best Buy in Alexandria, LA. They actually got 120 of them in and actually had about 10 of them left as of 8:30 PM Sat Night, but most of them were 64GB models.

andsoitgoes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
It may be sold out everywhere but Apple usually keeps a set number aside for replacements. For dead on arrivals and so forth

That`s what happened to me.

I got out and didn`t notice until about 30 minutes later that there was NASTY terrible yellow bleeding (not just the whiteish light bleed) and a wretched red pixel issue.

Went back in and the guy first said `Dude, I`m sorry, we`re completely out of these, I`m not sure what to tell you...`

I nearly had a heart attack as I`d have needed to wait at LEAST 1 month + to get a replacement as I was in Canada, the release wasn`t for another 14 days.

And driving back down to the Apple store was a no-go, it`s 2 hours....

Luckily the guy checked, went back and came out with a replacement, my heart soared. This one was much better, minor bleed but I`m used to and expect it, whitish - not smoker yellow and no pixel issues.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Theres really no point of exchanging as of right now most likely the replacement will be the same. This is really a frustrating! I just checked iPad 2 demos in store, 3 that I checked ave perfect screens!!! WTF apple?

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Theres really no point of exchanging as of right now most likely the replacement will be the same. This is really a frustrating! I just checked iPad 2 demos in store, 3 that I checked ave perfect screens!!! WTF apple?

Day 4 update: Maybe it is the glue my situation has decreased from when i first got it is still there. :) What about you guys any update?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro