Who is taking their chances and just going to walk up to a store to get one?

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I for one refuse to wait in a line 8+ more hours before the device goes on sale. I am going to try my luck and go to one of the retail locations around 3 or 4PM. I figure between, Walmart x 2, Target x2 , Best Buy x 2 and an Apple store, I should be able to find one today. So it total I have 7 stores near me that are selling the device (not counting VZW or AT&T because they aren't selling the Wifi-only model) and I don't live in a heavily populated area and with people still being at work, I think I have a very good shot.

Anyone else, not waiting in line and just going to attempt to walk up?

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
That's my plan. I'll head to local best buy around 4:15. Wife will run to target. Guess we'll see who wins first :p

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I am. I just dont see the need to start lining up for this. The NYC store has 20 people already. That whack job Wagoner is still first in line at his place...

There are a lot more places to pick this up. I know Apple will obviously have most stock but between BB, Wal-Mart and Target I just dont see the need.

bausti25

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I am. I just dont see the need to start lining up for this. The NYC store has 20 people already. That whack job Wagoner is still first in line at his place...

There are a lot more places to pick this up. I know Apple will obviously have most stock but between BB, Wal-Mart and Target I just dont see the need.

I hope you are right. This is my plan to in Indianapolis.

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
I ordered online this morning. Delivery said 5-7 business days. I pass 2 best buys on my way home from work, so I'll stop by and see if that have any. If they do, I'll just cancel my apple.com orders.

frogstofall

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Same here. I get out of work at 330 then a strait shot to Wally World. Be there around 420. Then to Best Buy for another one. I need 2. Gonna try to surprise the girlfriend.

robertpetry

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I hope you are right. This is my plan to in Indianapolis.

I've called or visited all the Targets and Walmarts on the NE side and in Noblesville. Not good. Walmart has less than 10 if any and Target has no more than 16 at any location. All are 16 or 32GB wifi's with almost no exceptions.

BB or Apple it seems.

crg005

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I am going to try to go to best buy at 4:30 and see if I can get one, but with all the places selling them in town I'm sure if I don't get one at that best buy there will be a wal-mart, target, or best-buy in town that has them later in the day. by the way if you for best buy you can check to see if your store has them online, before going in, because it seems as though some store will have none today.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The really confusing part is that there are THREE memory sizes for WiFi only (16, 32, 64GB)... and THREE different 3G each for AT&T (GSM) and VZW (CDMA)... meaning there are NINE different models in each of TWO colors (now we're up to EIGHTEEN different models/SKUs) ... so a store that only has 10, will definitely not have one of each type...

So if you're looking for a 3G VZW 64GB white iPad, good luck...

denness544

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I just placed an order on Apple and said I won't be getting it until April 6!! I'll try to go to a store and get one, if I am able to then I'll just cancel my Apple order.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I feel better about my decision. I called my local BB and asked how they were doing things. They are implementing a ticket system. I asked how many people were in line and he said none, he then said he would be very surprised if they sold out. He wouldnt tell me how many they had but he did say that they have a lot and that they were being delivered daily to the store since Monday. So again, I will be showing up at 4ish, hopefully will get a ticket and I should be golden.

JSD777

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Where will they be??

A guy at BB said the other day that they will have all models and a 'good' stock' of each in both black and white.:cool:
I'm going over there now to scope it out and see if I can get a feel for the inventory that's coming in.
With 18 months same as cash on their credit card, it's a pretty good deal, but if the inventory isn't there, I'm doomed to the apple store.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods