Official standing in line for iPad 2 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

anaisamy

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
My husband will be in line at the Apple Store at the Christiana Mall in Delaware (hey - no sales tax!)... but not until this afternoon. Hopefully they'll have enough. I plan to join him around 4:30 when I get off work.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I won't be standing in line hours ahead like a lot of people. I will walk up to either Apple, Best Buy, Walmart or Target around 3 or 4PM. I'll call ahead to see if they have any lines and how long to determine who I'll take my chances with first.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Most importantly... is iFixit in line anywhere! Since i'm in the UK I have to wait until the 25th but at least I get all the hands-on reviews!

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Have you bought from there on other launch days? Not sure what to expect. The good thing is - Best Buy, AT&T are nearby, so I might swing by one of those if he tells me the lines at Apple are crazy.

I was there for last year's iPhone 4 launch and iPad launch. Lines were crazy for the iPhone 4 but I had a reservation and took me no longer than 2 hours from the time I walked up to the line. But iPad launch lines should be nowhere as long. I walked up with a maybe 5-8 people ahead of me last year. Of course, I expect it to be much more this time but certainly not iPhone 4 length. And you're right about Best Buy plus the one up on Kirkwood, walmart on 13 and target at the mall as well. I'm not going to AT&T though because I think they will only have the wifi+3G versions. I just want wifi only.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
After my last purchase (iphone 4) at apple store, i said no more. From waiting in line to the idiot trying to give me a presentation after i purchase and just want to leave. Some people crave this, go figure..lol

Himoe

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure I know why

After my last purchase (iphone 4) at apple store, i said no more. From waiting in line to the idiot trying to give me a presentation after i purchase and just want to leave. Some people crave this, go figure..lol

I'm pretty sure they do that so you can go home and show all your friends all the new features and they can be amazed and want to go buy one right away.

Just my humble opinion.

BeyondtheTech

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
I'll be leaving work in NYC at 4PM to get to the Menlo Park Mall in Edison, NJ - there's Apple and AT&T stores, and a Target across the street. I have friends at all locations and all are confident that there will be enough to go around, and that they'll likely get replenishment for Saturday, as they did for the iPhone 4 launch (well, at least the Apple store did).

futurecode

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm going to skip out of work for a bit (I'm on from noon till 10pm) around 4ish and hit off my local best buy. There is a target and walmart within a mile of that if I have "issues".

FYI, stopped by two walmarts and target to see if I could score one early today to no avail, but I did see a couple taking inventory of them, there were up to "41" when I asked if "I could get on of those" (with a sheepish smile!). So, take that with a grain of salt when it comes to "walmart only getting five ipads!". I can't see target getting more then a Walmart. I could see target, best buy, Walmart getting 5-10 of each model, which would make the unfinished count of 41 make sense. I'm in northeast PA by the way.

brandonc14

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I'll be waiting in line at the Salt Lake City, Utah Apple Store at the Gateway Mall. Weatherman says it's supposed to SNOW tomorrow, but they're always wrong. Here's hoping for clear skies!

If you're in line too come say hi, grab a TiPb shirt and talk iPad 2 with me!

(also, don't hesitate to bring me food if you want to! :p)

Hows the line at the Gateway? I was going to run out on my lunch break and take a look.

jmhenry5150

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Went to 2 Best Buys (Denton TX) around 10:30 am and they haven't gotten any in yet...

ugh...

I just want to know how many there are to determine WHEN I jump in line...and they know nothing...

BTW - there was no lines at either.

anaisamy

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
My husband is on his way to Christiana Mall (DE) Apple store. I'll post about the line length once he gets there. (He's about an hour away.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods