Wife Proof Reason to Buy the iPad 2....

pogeypre

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
So, say what you will about the title of this thread....

"Come on man... wear the pants!!!"

Yeah, I hear ya... the thing is, I love my wife and for the most part that is reciprocated. :) I know a good thing when I see it...

Still want the iPad 2, but I need a wife "Nag Proof" reason...

Any ideas?

lucasite

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Im with you on this one. The only thing hesitating me to buy one is the almighty row afterwards which will probably end with her shouting "FINE! do want you want!"

However, some research on the joint bank account has shown she has spent quite abit on shopping recently. Maybe I can use that as ammo!

pogeypre

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Tell her it's my money and it's not like I'm out buying hookers and smack. It could be A LOT worse!

It could be worse, but would never be that bad... and she knows it. :)

Im with you on this one. The only thing hesitating me to buy one is the almighty row afterwards which will probably end with her shouting "FINE! do want you want!"

However, some research on the joint bank account has shown she has spent quite abit on shopping recently. Maybe I can use that as ammo!

I usually can get around this by selling something I have that she hates. The only problem there is that I don't have anything else that I would want to be rid of.

Also, my wife only shops for the "Essentials"... clothes, shoes, makeup etc... none of that crazy tech crap.... :)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Tell her you need a new suit. Take her shopping with you. Once you get everything together (pants, jacket, shirt, tie, socks, alterations), it should come to the price of your iPad - if you're careful and plan a little beforehand.

Just before making the purchase, explain that you can really do without the suit, but now that you know you can afford to spend the money....you take it from here.

Reactions: pogeypre

pogeypre

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Facetime chats with each other, kids/grandkids?

iPhone already does the Facetime... :(

Tell her you need a new suit. Take her shopping with you. Once you get everything together (pants, jacket, shirt, tie, socks, alterations), it should come to the price of your iPad - if you're careful and plan a little beforehand.

Just before making the purchase, explain that you can really do without the suit, but now that you know you can afford to spend the money....you take it from here.

I like it! The problem is that I need to find something like a suit that I actually need. Hmmm.... we do need a new flat panel screen for my office....

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
It is for this reason alone that, apart from our joint accounts, my wife and I each have our own "fun money" accounts. I love to buy gadgets and she loves clothes and shoes. As long as I'm spending from my personal account, there is nothing she can say about it.

lucasite

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
At the end of the day, it's ALWAYS better (or less bad) to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission. :D

lmao - yeh Ive already dropped hints that Ive been thinking about buying one, testing the water.
But I am the master of my house, Im not under the thumb, decisions I make are final.....I think! haha

pogeypre

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I am telling you, ticking the wife off is definitely not an option. :) She needs to think it's her idea.

Everytime I even start talking, her eyes start to roll.

Greg G#IM

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I have been working on my wife since I got my first iPad. She gets annoyed with me but I never let it turn into a fight and back out with something like "well it is a year away so no need to worry about it now". I keep reminding her throughout the year. When she wanted to know what I wanted for Christmas I told her iPad 2. What do I want to do for my birthday in April (she likes to go away for her birthday)? Nothing - just the iPad 2. Another good move was getting her an iPhone. I was thinking I would sell my old oneto make back some of the money but an even better solution is for her to want it. She won't admit it but after falling in love with her VZ iPhone, I think she is excited to get my old iPad.

On Monday I start working on making her understand that I will need an iPad 3 next year :)

dandbj13

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
C'mon! stop pretending that this board full of tech geeks has ever been in the same room with a "real" woman, let alone, married! :)

OK, I dealt with this one a long time ago. I told my wife early on that there are just going to be a couple of times a year when I lose my mine, and budget doesn't matter. I love tech. No need to argue when those times come around. Love me, love my tech. I'll make it up to you with your own irrational moments that I would, otherwise, never agree to. It works for us.

Also, after seeing me with mine for the past year, she wants one to. Just as well. Otherwise, she would just blow the money on groceries and bills. :)

Seriously, I think the iPad 2 is the easiest tech purchase a spouse could make this year. You would have a harder time justifying almost anything else.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Another good move was getting her an iPhone.

This only convinced my wife that an ipad wasn't necessary especially with the iphone's retina screen. She has her iphone attached to her hip.

I went with the its educational for the kiddo route. Dig up some studies showing kids using ipads are progressing faster. I made sure to show her Garageband as my daughter is taking piano lessons.

Other than that, explain apple economics to her. Try selling things to pay for it.

Don't gripe when she spends money or wants you to go clothes shopping with her (absolutely the worst thing in life).

But in the end just remember that none of the above really works. It just helps soften the blow.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I really don't know what happened, but she actually asked me when the new iPads would be available! I know she does play some games on my iPad now... my take on this? Don't question the logic...

And in all seriousness, I we just redid the living room - new furniture, rugs, lamps, etc - stuff that we didn't really need... so I figure that she's feeling a bit guilty... :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox