iPad 2 Deliveries...

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
So I'm not sure how I want to order my iPad 2..

I get out of work at 6, and I want to get my iPad on launch day.

So does anyone know if I order my iPad online will it be delivered to me on launch day?

Or should I just show up at the Apple Store after I get out of work?

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
From everything reported, it's not going to be available for order until the 11th so expecting to get delivery the same day is probably not a good idea.

Just wait until you get off work. Between Apple, VZW, AT&T and Best Buy you should be able to find one.

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm hoping it will be a very VZW iPhone release day scenario. I leave work at 5 on friday like mostly everyone and I plan on stopping by a couple best buy's on the way home. If they don't have any left I might try over the weekend. But I'm not waiting in line. If I don't have one by Monday I'll probably just order it online.

MarkY

Oct 27, 2004
Visit site
I'm hoping it will be a very VZW iPhone release day scenario. I leave work at 5 on friday like mostly everyone and I plan on stopping by a couple best buy's on the way home. If they don't have any left I might try over the weekend. But I'm not waiting in line. If I don't have one by Monday I'll probably just order it online.
This makes a lot of sense to me, provided you have a number of outlets along your commute. This is the approach I'm taking.

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
From everything reported, it's not going to be available for order until the 11th so expecting to get delivery the same day is probably not a good idea.

Just wait until you get off work. Between Apple, VZW, AT&T and Best Buy you should be able to find one.

And Walmart.

I think I will try AT&T first. Then Best Buy.

So it is for sure that AT&T will have them on launch day? I missed that apparently.

frogstofall

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I'll be hitting Wally World first. Got a friend in the electronics dept that's hopefully gonna stash a white 32G wifi only for me. If not, mad dash to Best Buy! Haha!

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like they are trying to get as many in people's hands on the first day as possible because...if given time to think about it. I'd probably choose not to get one. They gotta get us while we are hot with desire!!!!

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'll be hitting Wally World first. Got a friend in the electronics dept that's hopefully gonna stash a white 32G wifi only for me. If not, mad dash to Best Buy! Haha!

Good way for your friend to get fired.

Just stay at work. You will need the $$ to help pay for the thing. (assuming you are to make payments) and skipping work like a kid skipping school is just stupid.

frogstofall

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Good way for your friend to get fired.

Just stay at work. You will need the $$ to help pay for the thing. (assuming you are to make payments) and skipping work like a kid skipping school is just stupid.

Not sure how my friend would get fired for holding one. I'm not using her discount. Walmart is still getting their $600.

I never said I was skipping work. Not sure how you deduced that. I have plenty of money, sold my old iPhone 3GS and iPad to cover costs.

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Not sure how my friend would get fired for holding one. I'm not using her discount. Walmart is still getting their $600.

I never said I was skipping work. Not sure how you deduced that. I have plenty of money, sold my old iPhone 3GS and iPad to cover costs.

They are just jealous. People who work retail stash stuff for themselves and for friends to buy if the store may run out. There aren't many perks for working retail plus they get treated like crap. One thing that keeps people on the job is being able to get products first.

Your post in no way indicated that what your friend was doing was illegal or could get them fired. And you in no way indicated that you wouldn't be paying for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: frogstofall

Dgraja

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I would like to pick one up tomorrow as well (16 gb wi-fi). I am thinking about my local Wal Mart or Target first, thinking they are not likely to have lines (but I'm not sure if all stores will have the iPad on launch day - perhaps only the big stores?). Not sure about this. Any ideas?

If not, I may need to check out Best Buy.

Will ATTand Verizon be selling only 3G ipads or all types including wi-fi only?

frogstofall

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I would like to pick one up tomorrow as well (16 gb wi-fi). I am thinking about my local Wal Mart or Target first, thinking they are not likely to have lines (but I'm not sure if all stores will have the iPad on launch day - perhaps only the big stores?). Not sure about this. Any ideas?

If not, I may need to check out Best Buy.

Will ATTand Verizon be selling only 3G ipads or all types including wi-fi only?

You could always call both Target and Walmart and speak to their respective electronics dept managers. They should know if they are getting them.

AFAIK, ATT only carries the 3G models.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2