Direct TV App for IPad

LarryKarene

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I am reading into this but does anyone know if you MUST have a DVR attached to your Direct TV Service in order to use the app? In other words to use it you must pay more money to Direct TV?????
Thanks
LAM

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
What cardfan said. The DirecTV app just gives you a way of recording shows if you're out, or an easier way of setting up the recording if you're home. Honestly, using the keyboard on your iPad/iPhone is much easier than trying to find a show using your tv remote.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
There's a new version that works like a big remote... not just for setting up recordings anymore - you can actually view program guides, set favorite channels, change channels, pause/play (DVR)... you can define favorite sports teams and see their tv schedules, etc. ... I don't know if you need a DVR to make it work (I have 2 DVRs and 2 receivers)... but the remote DOES work perfectly with the receivers as well as the DVRs... the only thing I had to do was enter the IP address of the receiver in the iPad app... the app was able to find the DVR IP addresses by itself.

Reactions: LarryKarene

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2