Moving MPG4 Movie from laptop to iPad

OldShep

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I have tried to follow the advice on the forum for moving movies to my iPad with no success. I uploaded a movie to my HP Laptop with a converter program that converted it to MPG4. Then opened iTunes, then opened the Movies box in the library and tried to drag the movie icon from My Documents to the Movies section of iTunes and nothing happens. Help?

OldShep

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Alli. I went to File, but there was no "import" there, but I went to "add file to library", then clicked on the movie file, which had an mp4 file name, but, again, nothing happened. Maybe I need a new file converter. I am using Aieesoft DVD Ripper and selecting the "iPad MGEG4 Video(*.mp4)" format. The movie uploads to the computer just fine, but won't import to iTunes.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I use a combo of Handbrake and Metax. Handbrake to convert, Metax to set the icon or meta info and it sends it to itunes automatically.

OldShep

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I Downloaded Handbrake and tried to convert a movie that I bought, but the DVD spun for several minutes but never got past "Processing Title:1 of 37" and never converted. The Activity Window Scan log showed a succession of Read Errors. Thinking it may have just been that DVD, i put another movie in and tried to convert that one. Same result. Is there some sort of copyright protection on professional DVD movie disks that wont allow scanning and converting? I would hate to be held captive to buying movies on iTunes to be able to watch a movie on my iPad.

OldShep

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, everyone for your help, but I'm good now. I downloaded Aiseesoft DVD Ripper and it works like a charm.

Following are Step -by-step instructions that even an idiot like me can follow. Load the DVD into the computer, Open the Aiseesoft program, click "load DVD", accept the default setting, click "Convert". When it's done click "OK, if it says there are unfinished tasks, ignore that and click"OK". Then click "Open Folder", and there it is. Then open iTunes, click on "Movies" then drag the movie file from the Aiseesoft folder into the iTunes Movies page and it's there. Connect your iPad to your computer, select it, then click on the "Movies" tab in the Sync settings and select the movie or movies you want to sync and hit "Apply". You're all done. To watch your movie, go to the "Videos" icon on your iPad and it should be right there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73