Verizon iPad, or AT&T iPad?

sepehrsh

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Im getting the 3g ipad. What carrier gives me the better deal. I'll only be using the 3G minimally as a backup since ill have wifi most of the time?

ATT: 250MB: $15.99, 1GP: $25
Verizon: 1GB: $20, 3GB: $35

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Do you have an iPhone? If so, jailbreak it and you can tether it to the iPad for free, thus relieving you of the extra cost of a 3G iPad.

If you don't I would go with AT&T. They have a far superior data network.

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
thing of the past. verizon is gonna have their own ipad. based on prices, verizon has the better deal IMO, unless you arent going to use over 250mb. i would get the verizon 1gb $20 plan depending on how much your gonna use it. then again i find atts data speeds to be better than verizons. i have tried it with a friend, who has a droid x, and standing next to eachother we both ran a speedtest. i forget the exact numbers but my att iphone was at least 1mb/s faster than his droid x on verizon. find out what the verizon service is in your area compaered to the att service in your area and go from there. if their comparable, decide how much data your gonna use and then go from there. if it helps, i believe theres 1024mb in 1g.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I am going to skip the 3G this time and get a wifi model, I have att iP4 and with the $45 mifi option I will only have to pay for 1 data device instead of 2.

jlevine31

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if verizon will still have the same month to month deal as att, i.e. you only need to pay for months when you use the network?

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Im getting the 3g ipad. What carrier gives me the better deal. I'll only be using the 3G minimally as a backup since ill have wifi most of the time?

ATT: 250MB: $15.99, 1GP: $25
Verizon: 1GB: $20, 3GB: $35

If these are the correct prices, Verizon's pricing is much better. only $4 more than ATT's, and you get 1GB instead of just 250MB. That's a huge difference.

Faronell

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Why is it that you can't switch plans once you get one? As I understand it, you have to buy the ipad with one or the other predetermined?

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
Why is it that you can't switch plans once you get one? As I understand it, you have to buy the ipad with one or the other predetermined?

From what I understand, you can't switch plans because they are not using the newer combo style chip. It's either CDMA or GSM. If they would use the newer radio chipset, then you would have been able to switch.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2