Who's getting the iPad2

Lesnar

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Did they launched the I pad 2 or you are waiting for it anxiously????
And what new features they have added in it and what are they setting its sale price???

psyko825#IM

Oct 5, 2008
Visit site
I will be getting one, i just picked up a 16gb wifi from target for a trip and I'm going to take advantage of their return policy early next week and then get in line at apple on Friday

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I think i'll bite and grab one after thinking about it. Cancelled one of the refurbs i bought (for a gift) and will gift old one away instead. This time, it'll be the 64gb wifi one, hdmi adapter, and a cover.

It's too hard passing up on 2x the speed and 9x the graphics as well as the hdmi mirroring. I'm sure iOS 5 will be designed around this and the kiddo will like the photobooth & garageband which probably needs it.

On the 3G topic, it appears to be the old 3G. It's still not worth it since i can tether.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm going to pass as well. Unless it gets some killer feature with iOS5 that the original iPad won't get I personally don't have a reason to upgrade.

I'll be more than a bit annoyed if iOS 5 has killer features my 1G iPad won't be able to use. I'm sitting this one out too. Nothing announced is even on my desire list, really. Hook my iPad to a TV? Why?

If it'd had the retina display, though, I'd be camped out at AppleLand awaiting the 11th.

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I bought, then sold the original ipad when the ihpne 4 came out. I will be jumping back on the bandwagon with the ipad 2. The upgrades have largely answered my gripes with the original ipad.

What irks me, though, is no pre-order. Why on earth would they do that? The logistics of getting one on day one will be tricky because I will be very busy that day. I'm just hoping that the alternate retailer (Best Buy/Walmart/Sams) route comes through for me. Even then, though, I have to wait until 5 P.M. ... so annoying.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I bought, then sold the original ipad when the ihpne 4 came out. I will be jumping back on the bandwagon with the ipad 2. The upgrades have largely answered my gripes with the original ipad.

What irks me, though, is no pre-order. Why on earth would they do that? The logistics of getting one on day one will be tricky because I will be very busy that day. I'm just hoping that the alternate retailer (Best Buy/Walmart/Sams) route comes through for me. Even then, though, I have to wait until 5 P.M. ... so annoying.

They want to see lines at stores. They didn't get that with the verizon iphone launch. They don't want a repeat of that.

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm totally getting a black 16GB + AT&T 3G model with a pink smart cover, but not until summer. I gotta save up some funds.

Last edited:

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
They want to see lines at stores. They didn't get that with the verizon iphone launch. They don't want a repeat of that.

That thought had crossed my mind. Jobs- and Apple in general- have enough of an ego that it would be a realistic explanation of the lack of pre-order. It is going to lead to huge lines at Apple stores, and you know every local news station will have cameras taping the lines for the 6 o'clock news- giving Apple a crap ton of free pub.

You know, that probably explains the odd time of release as well.

theiPhonechick

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to get just the Wi-Fi model or the 3G+Wi-Fi. What do you guys prefer? I need some opinions if you don't mind. I just don't know if paying the extra $ a month is worth it.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I'll be more than a bit annoyed if iOS 5 has killer features my 1G iPad won't be able to use. I'm sitting this one out too. Nothing announced is even on my desire list, really. Hook my iPad to a TV? Why?

If it'd had the retina display, though, I'd be camped out at AppleLand awaiting the 11th.

This is why many are moving on. I can see Apple pulling this later this year, maybe even by Summer time. An announcement of changes that the first gen wont get.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I got the WiFi only because anytime I want to be online, I'm at a place with WiFi. I can't see how anybody can suggest to you, though, because it would depend on how much you wish to be connected and where you are when you wish that.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
This is why many are moving on. I can see Apple pulling this later this year, maybe even by Summer time. An announcement of changes that the first gen wont get.

I think this an error. The iPad moved well beyond the Apple fan boys and into the mainstream. You can pull stuff on the fans like Apple did with initial and then secondary pricing of the iPhone because fans consider first ownership to be worth something.

Once you move beyond fans, though, you can't just beat the crap out of people by purposefully withholding access to upgrades (at least this soon) w/o annoying the squat out of people.

If Apple did pull this, it'd incline me away from the iPad 3 and onto Android just to be shut of Apple. It wouldn't, by any means, cause me to get into a Pad 2.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I bought my 1st iPad 3G not because I might need it all that much but for resale value. Apple products typically hold their value so when the next gen comes out one of the usual practices is to sell your current device to be halfway closer to getting the new one. The iPad is also not tied to a contract, atleast here in Canada, so you can only get data the months you want it. If you decide it's getting too expensive you just cut it off 5 days before the next months cycle begins. Also you might find that you start to like having a 3G model if you start to take it out with you because you'll be connected via 3G. Ofcourse if you have an iPhone with a data plan then Personal Hotspot in 4.3 means you wont need a 3G iPad and you can use the extra $130 towards a bigger storage size model.

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
It really depends on how you'll use it. For me the iPad isn't great without connectivity. However, I don't pay for data every month. i just bought the $15 plan last Saturday but I hadn't purchased any data in two months prior to that. I like the knowing I won't ever be without data. I know that's awfully expensive to have that security, but I don't want to run down my iPhone battery with tethering.

Appleluver23

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
I will be. Although I LOVE Apple, I HATE going in to the stores. I was hoping for a pre-order and have it delivered to me ON the 11th. Looks like I will be ordering on the 11th at 12:01 AM and having it shipped. MAYBE, just MAYBE I will show up at the store.

I was disappointed that we couldn't pre-order as well. I don't feel like going to the store though cause my nearest store is 2 hours away. So I will also be impatiently waiting online at 12:01 am on March 11.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
It really depends on how you'll use it. For me the iPad isn't great without connectivity. However, I don't pay for data every month. i just bought the $15 plan last Saturday but I hadn't purchased any data in two months prior to that. I like the knowing I won't ever be without data. I know that's awfully expensive to have that security, but I don't want to run down my iPhone battery with tethering.

Depends on your usage. For the few times i'm away from wifi with an ipad, i can do with tethering on iphone.

Plus iphone 5 will probably be HSPA+ for AT&T. Ipad 2 isn't.

theiPhonechick

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the responses everyone. I still have a few days to decide. ;)

I think I'll be fine with just the Wi-Fi but I also like the idea of having 3G there if I need it. Ahh decisions.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I think that itbis a compeling buy but not a compeling upgrade.

I cannot imagine anyone waiting to pay $800- for the competition.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
HDMI was also a big factor for me. Although 40 bucks for the cable is a bit much I think...
I am always amazed at Apple's ability to set a price and make it hold on the street. If their accessory prices were as outrageous as they look to me, one would expect lower prices from the competitors. Instead the competitors seem content to camp out under the Apple price umbrella.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

why not? You use air play for that. Te HDMI thing is mostly aimed at teachers, but anyone could really use it, even though you will get the back bars on a wide screen TV.

If they didn't want that, they would have had their own launch. Besides the iPhone on Verizon is just an iPhone 4. Nothing more. Nothing less. If you already have an iPhone and are happy with ATT theres no reason to upgrade.

That thought had crossed my mind. Jobs- and Apple in general- have enough of an ego that it would be a realistic explanation of the lack of pre-order. It is going to lead to huge lines at Apple stores, and you know every local news station will have cameras taping the lines for the 6 o'clock news- giving Apple a crap ton of free pub.

You know, that probably explains the odd time of release as well.

I dobut it will lead to that. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple paid news stations to give it all the hype.

Besides local news stations have more important stuff to cover then a silly ipad launch

I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to get just the Wi-Fi model or the 3G+Wi-Fi. What do you guys prefer? I need some opinions if you don't mind. I just don't know if paying the extra $ a month is worth it.

its really up to you. People say wifi is everywhere and that m,ay be true, but are those wifi hotspots free and open?

It's good that you don't have to have a contract, but I think they should have had a dual chip.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73