Quick Question, Please Help

aaron130

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I am buying an Ipad in about an hour on my way home from work. I already have a Ipod Touch 4 jailbroken. I am not sure what firmware I am getting but can the Ipad be jailbroken? Ive googled but havent really got a clear cut answer. Any help is MUCH appreciated!!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If the iDevice runs iOS it most likely can be JBen. Even the Apple TV can be JBen. The thing that will matter is which firmware is on the iPad. The 4.2 JB is a tethered JB so the iPad has to be connected if you reboot it. If it has 3.2.2, which is doubtful since you're buying it now, the JB is untethered. The process is not as hard as it sounds, you just have to get used to putting it in DFU mode.

aaron130

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Thx man, Ya I got 4.21 unfortunately. So I guess ill have to go with the tethered or wait till there is an untether. Is there any word on an untethered? Or will that not come out till 4.3?

aaron130

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
OK this link i checked the entire site and all it has is untethered but you need a mac. Can someone point me in the direction of how to JB Ipad 4.2.1 tethered? I cant find a clear how to anywhere. I am tech savvy i have a ipod touch 4 jailbroken and a HTC Evo Rooted. Now I just want to JB my brand new Ipad even if it is tethered.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Go here, pick your method and download the tools you need.

iClarified - Tutorials - iPad

The tethered is not that bad on the iPad especially because the battery lasts so long and the iPad is usually an auxiliary device for most people where the iPhone is a primary device. Once you put it into DFU mode a couple times it becomes second nature. Just a word of advice do all your Cydia tweaking once it's JBen that way you get all the rebooting out of the way for awhile LOL. The untethered should be out after 4.3 which is rumored to drop in March.