So tempting to grab an ipad...

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Visited apple store yesterday and I was so tempted to pick up an ipad. Made me really miss my 3g ipad. Surprisingly there were loads of people buying ipads, I just could not do it knowing the next generation is right around the corner. Hurry up apple!

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Just picked up my first iPad yesterday at best buy, I am totally in love with this thing. Now maybe my iPhone can get a little break from being used every second of the day.

thekarens

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a 32gb from the Apple store yesterday. From everything I've read there's not going to be anything on the new one that I really want or need. I never use the dual cameras on my phone or the webcam on my laptop. Faster processor would be nice, but I'm not convinced ipad 2 will get one as faster processors often mean less battery life.

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Only because this is the only device that has finaly made tablets cool and a viable tech form factor, i say take a dive on one. If u end up really wanting the 2, try selling or gazzelling your first gen ipad.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Noob iPad question. I have a Dell Studio laptop, 500 gig HD, 4GB RAM, and an i4. Besides fun factor, would there be any advantage in dumping my Dell for the iPad?

twistofmatt

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Noob iPad question. I have a Dell Studio laptop, 500 gig HD, 4GB RAM, and an i4. Besides fun factor, would there be any advantage in dumping my Dell for the iPad?

To me, my iPad will never replace my actual computer. I will always need one, but I consider the iPad more of a companion.

jeans94621

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Just picked up my first iPad yesterday at best buy, I am totally in love with this thing. Now maybe my iPhone can get a little break from being used every second of the day.

I totally agree. I bought an iPad last week. I use my phone all the time and now since having the iPad I gave my phone some much needed rest. :p

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I caved. Shopping at the mall today and just couldn't fight the urge. I missed it too much. Picked up a 16GB wifi only version and use my Nexus S as a portable hotspot. Didn't make much sense to get a 3G and pay two data fees a month when I already pay T-Mobile for unlimited data. I have such a huge grin on my face, been lasting all day. I figure when the next ipad comes out ill sell this and pick it up shortly after the huge order rush calms down.

Scout_313

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I caved. Shopping at the mall today and just couldn't fight the urge. I missed it too much. Picked up a 16GB wifi only version and use my Nexus S as a portable hotspot. Didn't make much sense to get a 3G and pay two data fees a month when I already pay T-Mobile for unlimited data. I have such a huge grin on my face, been lasting all day. I figure when the next ipad comes out ill sell this and pick it up shortly after the huge order rush calms down.

I finally caved in as well. I ordered a refurbished 16GB Wi-Fi version from Apple.com and should have it by the end of the week. I saved $70 off of the retail price and still got the same warranty as a brand new iPad. I figure I'll wait and see what the next generation is like and if it's enough of a leap in technology, I'll sell this one and upgrade. Buying the refurbished iPad will help offset the cost of upgrading if I choose to do so.

thekarens

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Flash isn't as big an issue as iTunes. Need a laptop or desktop to sync. There are very few things I need flash for.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner