What if?

Wallet or iPad?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
What if you had your wallet in your backpack for some reason along with your iPad. You put it down on the train and fell asleep. While you're sleeping someone swiped your backpack. Now what if they could only leave one thing behind either the iPad or your wallet which would it be? :D

PS
Sorry I couldn't edit the poll the 3rd choice should be call my insurance for my backpack with the Mona Lisa inside ;)

Last edited:

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
You need to include one other factor. How much cash is in that wallet? Because cards can be cancelled fairly quickly. Myself, I hardly ever carry large amounts of cash, in fact almost never more than $20 so I would rather have the iPad left behind as I can cancel my cards and have them easily replaced. However my wallet is always on me when in public places and when I take my iPad out it doesn't leave my side

Very interesting question though

greenapple

Jun 17, 2010
www.flickr.com
they'd probably leave the wallet

credit cards can be canceled, unless its fat you pretty much know they won't carry much cash, seeing as how if you lose it you can't recover lost bills but you can prevent fraud charges..or dispute them.

the ipad is guaranteed to bring money

wallet could even be empty..

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I'd want my wallet. I can't stand, standing in line at Government buildings, filling out forms etc, etc, to get replacement cards, i.e. driving license, social security...

I'm getting a headache just thinking about it. So, thanks! ;)

Reactions: ChrisGonzales90

greenapple

Jun 17, 2010
www.flickr.com
^you can make app't with the DMV so you don't have to wait in line, i hope you don't keep your SS card in there...

and credit card replacements come within a week, sometimes they expedite it

thats the only thing i keep in my 'wallet'. well that, and the key card to get into my building at work :/ that can be replaced but i always hate asking for one (they make it pretty easily)

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
^you can make app't with the DMV so you don't have to wait in line, i hope you don't keep your SS card in there...

thats the only thing i keep in my 'wallet'. well that, and the key card to get into my building at work :/ that can be replaced but i always hate asking for one (they make it pretty easily)

Not here in Oregon. Not sure about other states. you have to go to the DMV and take a number (first come, first serve) and there is ALWAYS a wait. I remember when I got my state issued ID back in 2009 I was there for an hour and a half. Most people go there only to be turned away because they did not bring the proper documentation (social, home address etc.)

and yes, Credit and debit cards, replacements come in a week, but who wants to wait a week. especially if thats all you use and don't carry cash on you.Sometimes you may have to, but I know i'd rather have the iPad stolen then loose my cards.

All I have in my wallet is my ID, my social, my food handlers card (Expires Dec. 2011. Always good to have, even if you don't work in food service) my US Bank debit and various store cards such as Safeway, Fred Meyer, Albertsons, Costco, Best Buy etc and some spare change.

Plus I keep my wallet in my front pocket. Less of a chance for pick pocketers and no one really thinks of a wallet being in the front. I tried that when i was like 14 and it stuck ever since.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I voted wallet. I wouldn't even know which cards, IDs, etc. were in the wallet. They sure wouldn't get any money! I have a Shell gift card in there- I guess that's worth something.

Reactions: ChrisGonzales90

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

You can make app't with DMV? .. What state do you live in? ... Here in Arizona we just go to a website and pay $5.00 Replacement License Arrives a couple days later.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'd want my wallet. I can't stand, standing in line at Government buildings, filling out forms etc, etc, to get replacement cards, i.e. driving license, social security...

I'm getting a headache just thinking about it. So, thanks! ;)

lol sorry man, think happy thoughts, happy thoughts. I voted iPad because I rarely ever carry money and as soon as it was gone I'd call and cancel all my credit cards, debit cards and IDs. The iPad would be a big chunk of change to replace and my 500 deductible would be almost half of what I paid.

greenapple

Jun 17, 2010
www.flickr.com
You can make app't with DMV? .. What state do you live in? ... Here in Arizona we just go to a website and pay $5.00 Replacement License Arrives a couple days later.

california.

Appointment System

and five dollars for replacement card..why not..i don't get the hassle in that. unless you make a periodical habit of losing or letting your wallet get stolen, five dollars is chump change in the grand scheme of things. in this case the thing being an ipad.

Last edited:

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Not everyone who looses their wallet, makes it a habit. You can get replacement cards, but your ID can always be stolen and thats something, once it gets in the wrong hands, its gopne for good.

I take a lot who voted iPad are either young or don't care about their ID being stolen.

Watch this video to know what I mean

YouTube - 1995 - The Net - Trailer

15 year old movie, but the same thing could, and does happen today.

Granted, $500 is a lot to be lost. Don't get me wrong but who doesn't keep their wallet in their pants? and backpack, unless your on amtrack, traveling accorss the country wouldn't you be watching your stuff knowing full well you have valuables worth $500 and more? If your careless to leave your valiuables around, then the real question would be, why own an ipad in the first place?

greenapple

Jun 17, 2010
www.flickr.com
not everyone makes a habit of carrying their ss card and they shouldn't

and not everyone makes a habit of having their residential address on their drivers license..some people for true privacy ops for po box and..we could go on

I mean iPad people use to surf the Internet don't they check their banking on there? don't they do credit card payment online?

/debate

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
not everyone makes a habit of carrying their ss card and they shouldn't

and not everyone makes a habit of having their residential address on their drivers license..some people for true privacy ops for po box and..we could go on

I mean iPad people use to surf the Internet don't they check their banking on there? don't they do credit card payment online?

/debate

The way I see it, there is NO PRIVACY. You are always being watched by big brother. When you walk in a store, there are security cameras and you are being watched. At Target we had people who complained when we ID them over M rated games, Cough meds, Beer and wine. They threw a fit because they did not want their information to be stored in Targets systems, when the truth is, its not. It just reads the birthday thats on file for that card in order to go on with the transcation. (18 + for M rated games and Cough meds and 21 for the beer)

and as far as i know when you go to the DMV to get your license or even a state issued ID, you are required to list your home address. You can't just device to list some random one. (that, in a way could be considered ID theft)

greenapple

Jun 17, 2010
www.flickr.com
geez whiz, do you even have a driver's license? because the way you talk is absolutely childish..making me think you're too young for one if i hadn't read your first post of actually having one.. first, you are the one that implied about stolen identity..which is why i brought up privacy OF protecting YOUR information.

and if you've never seen a person have a valid ID issued by the state containing PO BOX as its addressee then you clearly have met very little people or very little knowledge of how IDs work..i like how you conveniently overlook the fact that appointments with DMV is possible..maybe not in YOUR state but clearly in the USA its doable. i think instead of just assuming the state of oregon is the standard for the rest of the USA, you should expand your knowledge a bit and do some research before insisting yourself blindly right.

thanks and have a happy new year, i know i enjoyed mine :)

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
and as far as i know when you go to the DMV to get your license or even a state issued ID, you are required to list your home address. You can't just device to list some random one. (that, in a way could be considered ID theft)

In Florida, thanks to Positive ID, to renew a DL you now need proof of citizenship- original birth certificate or passport, two proofs of residential address such as your utility bill and a mortgage bill and social security card or paycheck stub with social security number on it.

Additionally, if you have ever changed your name, you need original documents such as marriage certificate and divorce decree tracing the entire name change history.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
geez whiz, do you even have a driver's license? because the way you talk is absolutely childish..making me think you're too young for one if i hadn't read your first post of actually having one.. first, you are the one that implied about stolen identity..which is why i brought up privacy OF protecting YOUR information.

and if you've never seen a person have a valid ID issued by the state containing PO BOX as its addressee then you clearly have met very little people or very little knowledge of how IDs work..i like how you conveniently overlook the fact that appointments with DMV is possible..maybe not in YOUR state but clearly in the USA its doable. i think instead of just assuming the state of oregon is the standard for the rest of the USA, you should expand your knowledge a bit and do some research before insisting yourself blindly right.

thanks and have a happy new year, i know i enjoyed mine :)

Perhaps you should calm down and re read what I said. Not once did I say Oregon set the standard.

In Florida, thanks to Positive ID, to renew a DL you now need proof of citizenship- original birth certificate or passport, two proofs of residential address such as your utility bill and a mortgage bill and social security card or paycheck stub with social security number on it.

Additionally, if you have ever changed your name, you need original documents such as marriage certificate and divorce decree tracing the entire name change history.

Damn. Here in Oregon you just need your social, a bill or something that shows your mailing address and I think your birth certificate