MOV Files

Don Raymond

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
How do I get my iPad to display MOV files without converting the to something like mp4 files?

Apple's Quicktime and iTunes both natively supports MOV files which is the defacto video format for almost every digital or digital video camera.

Why am I forced to convert all my digital movies to MP4 files? Why isn't there an app for iDevices like the iPad, iTouch, etc. to play the defacto video format without coversion?

Why doesn't Quicktime run as an app on iDevices?

There has got to be an app someware that solves this issue.

Don

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
iPad will play some MOV files, but only H.264 in the right dimensions. MOV is just a container. If they're already H.264 and you can even try simply changing the extension to .mp4 or .m4v and see if that works.

If they're too big for iPad you can try something like Air Video to stream the MOV file from your desktop to your iPad using Live Conversion.

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
There are 2 players that normally can play many file type.
VLC player and Gomplayer.
And as Rene said you also can try something like Air Video to stream the MOV file, but this always very slow for me, and sometimes got the AVCHD videos by HD camera, I have to do converting too, so I also get some converting tools like iFunia video converter, as it can convert all popular videos, and speed are OK on my Mac.

David Allan

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If you don?t want to convert MOV files so I?d like to recommend install VLC player or MOV player on your iPad it directly plays your MOV files video.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro