ipad purchase advise

dav

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I am going to purchase an ipad for my wife for christmas, please recomend if I need 3G and which I should purchase 16, 32 or 64.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well 3G would be good if you plan on taking your iPad out and about everyday and you are not in range of wifi. (because, contrary to what many say wifi is NOT everywhere. Places that it is, you need an membership or a passcode or its private.) If your just going to be using it at the house then I'd save money and get the wifi only model.

The 16, 32 and 64GB are the sizes. If you plan to install a lot of apps and media, then I'd go for the 32GB or 64GB. The larger the better. If you have a lot of media, such as music you want to store, then a larger capicty iPad would be ideal, that is if you want to have everything with you and not use silly playlists.

Hope this helps.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Keep in mind, you can stream a lot (pandora, netflix, hulu+, airplay, etc) so storage isn't that big of a deal. Especially if you lack your own media to put on it.

You may want to consider the lowest, 499 device, to minimize your cost. I wouldn't recommend spending more than that on this at this point in its life.

Apple has some refurbs..but changes. Walmart, Sams, & Target have the best return policies...90 days.

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I'd need a little more info to be able to honestly answer the question, however it is all about your intended use. If you have a large amout to store on it of course I'd go with a 32 or 64GB model. Will you be near WIFI a lot? If so I'd save the extra cash from a 3G model and get some nice accessories. I personally just got a 16GB WiFi model and couldn't be happier with it... Just take a good look at your intended use

paul100

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I am going to purchase an ipad for my wife for christmas, please recomend if I need 3G and which I should purchase 16, 32 or 64.

You can buy 3G.. and if you gonna store more apps and programs then go with 32GB or 64GB..What you choose really depends on your consumption and whether or not you suppose to upgrade your iPad at each new release.

Airwolf

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Does she have a phone that lets her tether? I got a 16gb Wifi only model because my Sprint EVO 4G is rooted and I can tether off it via Wifi for free. I always have my phone on me, so getting a 3G iPad and a data plan from AT&T would be a waste of money. Especially now that 4G is in my area and I get 3-5 mbps....waaaaay faster than AT&T. As far as capacity, as was already mentioned in this thread, you can stream all your media from your home PC. I use Air Video to stream all of my movies and TV shows over the internet and Simplify Media to stream my music. There's also Netflix for the iPad as well as Hulu Plus. If you want to watch your home TV, get a Sling Box and the iPad app. I think these applications really make the capacity of the iPad superfluous.

wiggy1

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
The amount of storage is always debatable. 16 Gb should be enough for most purposes. I bought a 32 Gb model though with the WI-FI only because I have 20 Gb of media and a cell phone that serves as a mobile hotspur so I didn't need the 3G option.

I don't know where you are considering buying from, but I suggest Complete Tablet Solutions out of Austin Texas. I bought my iPad from them and have had several great experiences working with them in the past when buying Tablet PCs. They carry the full Apple line as well as accessories. Their customer services is excellent as well. Really helped me out when I had issues with my computers that I have purchased from them. You can check out their website at CTS Home.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro