Only an iPod icon on the iPad - what happened to the Music Icon?

CMWILLIA

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I really like the format (look and feel) to the Music icon on my iTouch, but bought the iPad just the day before yesterday, and already finding myself frustrated with the iPod icon.
Can't 'flick' through the albums the way you can on the iTouch.

Am I just not 'with it' and there is a way to get the Music icon too?

Anyone know?

gilroykilroy

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I really like the format (look and feel) to the Music icon on my iTouch, but bought the iPad just the day before yesterday, and already finding myself frustrated with the iPod icon.
Can't 'flick' through the albums the way you can on the iTouch.

Am I just not 'with it' and there is a way to get the Music icon too?

Anyone know?

Try holding your iPad in portrait view and selecting Albums from the bottom tabs. Apps on the iPad present different views depending upon the orientation.

P.S. iPod replaces Music and you now have a Videos icon.

CMWILLIA

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi there gilroykilroy :)

I tried that, but still get the white background - not the image/graphic which makes it look as though you have all your album covers on a black glass table (if you know what I mean).
Perhaps it's just one of those things...I like it on my iTouch, so was looking to see it in the iPad.

Oh well.....not to worry, it's not the end of the world!!! Too busy looking at other Apps on iTunes store now. With my better half just getting the HTC Desire phone, and dowloading Android apps, we're being 'geeks' tonight! lol

Thanks anyway :)

Robert Waldroup

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
My advice here is to take the word of Jobs. He changed the icon for a reason, and even though you may not understand it, you probably would have agreed with him if he could explain it to you. In steve we trust.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
What you are looking for is Cover Flow. This is absent from the iPad probably due to the screen size of the iPad. Most album art is smaller resolution and if it displayed on a 9.7 inch screen it would look like turd. If you click on Artists or Albums on the bottom of the iPod App it will still show all the CD titles or Artist names with cover art to the left. It's pretty nice and IMO much better than Cover Flow.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73