iPad WiFi Owners- Do you regret not getting the 3g?

MobileMania

Banned
Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Because I do. The iPad is totally useless for me when I don't have wifi around. One time, I was to show off some of the cool features of iPad to my friends and whalla! there was no Wifi around.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I did so I sold the wifi model on eBay for a profit. Then I bought the 3G model. I really don't think it's worth $130 more but paying $25 a month (I wish I could get the unlimited) is better than paying $60 for a verizon mifi.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Not at all. Everywhere I am going to use it there is Wi-Fi. It's not like I'm gonna need to use it in my car or even carry it around every where I go. That's what my iPhone is for.

bdegrande

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I did wait for the 3G model and am very happy with my decision, since I dont have any other 3G acesss, I have an iPod Touch and not an iPhone.

I love being able to stream Netflix and Air Video over 3G, however, with AT&T eliminating the unlimited data plans for the iPad, I don't think 3G is nearly as useful any more except for those of us who got in early enough to get unlimited data. I would rather have a MiFi or similar device, it would have higher bandwidth limits and can be used by other devices as well as the iPad.

Maniacfive

Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
Nope

Not in the slightest. I thought I might need a data connection in places where I had none, so I bought a MiFi dongle just in case, never had to use it. There's WiFi all over the place.

And besides that, the MiFi dongle was ?50 the ipad 3G was an extra ?130. I'd rather spend that saved money on credit for the MiFi. Which when abroad can be used for many other devices too. Keep all those roaming charges in one place!

Bandi1

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
I bought a 64gb WiFi the day after it came out in the U.S. and found it was too limited for my needs. I then bought a 64gb 3G the day it was released in Canada and sold the WiFi version. I love the 3G version and find new ways to integrate it into my lifestyle everyday. My aim is to travel without a laptop by years end.

jellis14

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
No Way - 3gHotspot

No Way - I have the 3g hot spot - and it works GREAT!!! I have my phone android phone - rooted and have FREE Mobile HotSpot. So its GREAT... I have the Best of both worlds - and SWEET Android phone with 4g... and the IPAD wifi with IOS...

I sold my iphone 4 to do this, and its the best thing I ever did... Love IT!!!

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Not at all. Laughing at all the saps that paid $150 extra for their ipad plus $30 a month for something I get for free with Jailbreak and tethering...

Oldandintheway

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
No regrets

I got a 32gb wifi and want nothing more. Well that's not completely true, but AT&T sucks so bad in my area I would have been frustrated constantly.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I am happy with my wifi and I wouldn't want to pay for the extra fees anyway. I don't think we should have to pay extra to share wifi tethering from the phone.

BeyondtheTech

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
I bought the iPad Wi-Fi first, to which later I found someone who had a hard time obtaining one and wanted to trade their MacBook for it. No brainer, sold.

Then, I got the 16GB iPad 3G simply for the better resale value and the GPS, but also so I could simply pull my iPhone 4 microSIM out and pop it in there if I needed to, if I didn't want to go the whole jailbreak + MyWi route.

A bit peeved that Apple gives no such way to give your Wi-Fi only devices iPad or iPod touch some life through your iPhone's data connection.

Trodecke

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
While I'll admit that having an inboard 3G connection would come in handy sometimes, I don't regret getting the WiFi only version. 95% of my usage is at home or at work and WiFi is available in both places. For those rare times when I do need\want data vie got the hotspot on my phone that works well enough.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox