iPhone 4 sim in an iPad

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
If I put my iPhone 4 sim into my iPad, can I use the unlimited data that I have with my iPhone?

I know that if you do it in reverse, you end up with an iPhone but no phone calls.

Chris

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I posted link to an article in that post that describes how you would go about doing both if you wanted to. Check out the article as well as all of the comments in the article.

Xinwecy

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I should explain. Pulverize, back when we could actually see how much damage we were doing, was only hitting for around 3-4k at five Lacerate stacks (level 80), courtesy of the feral damage bug. As I wrote in the earlier article on the beta bear, my character does about 3,000 DPS on the live realms while tanking a run-of-the-mill 5-man, and a 3-4k Pulverize is about half of what I'd expect to see on a cool Maul crit with minimal buffs. With the amount of lacerate spam that went into Pulverize, just didn't feel like it was worth it, no matter how valuable the additional crit was. We have very available stock of WOW gold on most of the servers and we can deliver your WOW gold on the order in a short while.

Travelin'Rich

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
There are several threads on this topic so I thought I'd update the most recent thread:

As of March 25, 2011 it is still possible to use an iPhone4 sim in an iPad. It might be a little tempermental to get working the first time but it does work. That said, previous comments about ATT "watching" what you're doing with your data is still true. I changed the APN from "broadband" to "phone" as someone said this differentiates the iPad from iPhone when I got my iPad 3G connected for the first time today. Once I confirmed it worked by surfing a couple of sites, I moved my sim back to my iPad. About 2 1/2 hours later I got the text from ATT saying:

"AT&T Free Msg: Did you know an elegible data plan is required for your iPad? Please call 611 or visit ww.att.com/ipad for details."

For those of you who did the swap and got this message in the past, did you keep doing the swap and did you ever get a follow-up from ATT?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods