So my iPad was draining 10% an hour...

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
My iPad 3G was losing 10% battery life per hour when I wasn't even using it. I don't know when it started or if I installed anything just prior to it starting, but a couple days ago it just began to drain and drain. I soft reset it. I hard reset it. I did a restore from backup. Nothing worked.

So I went nu-cu-lar and just did a clean restore. Left it in my bag all day, just came back, and its still at 100%.

Pain to reload everything by hand, but it fixed the problem.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
My iPad 3G was losing 10% battery life per hour when I wasn't even using it. I don't know when it started or if I installed anything just prior to it starting, but a couple days ago it just began to drain and drain. I soft reset it. I hard reset it. I did a restore from backup. Nothing worked.

So I went nu-cu-lar and just did a clean restore. Left it in my bag all day, just came back, and its still at 100%.

Pain to reload everything by hand, but it fixed the problem.

That's nuts. I have nothing useful to add other than "thanks" for telling us about the problem and solution, in case it ever happens to any of us.

When you say "reload" everything by-hand, do you mean that you wiped the iPad, then deleted or somehow set aside your iTunes backup in favor of starting from scratch?

That DOES sound like a pain! Dunno how I'd do that exactly. If nothing else, I'd be concerned that previously purchased video content would be lost to me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods