Do you think the next Apple iPad will have an OLED panel?

Malinovaya

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
It's reported that the next iPad will have a 5.6 and 7-inch OLED screen. What do you think...Is this one more rumor? Would you like to have a smaller iPad model?

As for me, I'd love to have a 7″ iPad. The 9,7-inch one is a little bit too large and heavy to make use of as an e-reader, but the 7″ would be still big enough to use for business and entertainment.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The only reason I can see to have a smaller iPad is because it will cost less. I'm not sure Apple will do that because it seems like too much fragmentation. You would have the big iPad, iPhone 4, 5" iPad and 7" iPad just seems very un-Applelike. I definately wouldn't be buying it I love the bigger screen why would I want a smaller screen??

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
They can't make enough AMOLED screens already. HTC is switching from AMOLED to LDC for the Droid Incredible and probably the EVO 4G because Samsung can't meet demand.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Sometimes I think they don't want to meet
those demands... lol. I'm sure they won't
run out for their Galaxy S series.

omegadivine

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
I don't see apple making the move to oled anytime soon, manufacturing costs have gone done but they are still in very high demand as people above me mentioned.. That and look at their LCD in iPhone 4 they have done an amazing job with it. Something no one else in the business really has.. The dpi is insane

minimo3

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
I doubt it. OLED screens wash out in sunlight. Only the very latest super AMOLED screens come close to LCDs in outdoor performance.

Lotus Esprit V8

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
This is all rumor and speculation based on imagination. It is not going to happen anytime soon due to parts constraint and expense. In TNG look for more storage space and RAM, maybe a faster CPU and the dropping of the 16GB models along with price decreases for the 32GB and 64GB. They may also discontinue the WiFi only models.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2