Help with Photo synchronization.

micky_rooney

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

I?m hoping someone can help me out understand a couple of things in regards to transferring photos to the ipad and a couple of other things.

From what I gather I believe that in order to ensure photos that are synchronized over to the ipad are kept on the ipad, and not removed or deleted. I need to ensure the same photos are kept saved onto my laptop (Computer) in a folder I created and have ticked in my itunes so that they are synchronized each time I link the ipad to itunes.

Would that be correct?

I?m not a 100% sure here that?s all but my Mam would like to synchronize her photos over to her ipad and that would be that (Photos can then be removed from her PC for storage space and what not).

Also the other main reason for creating the thread is because we have a bit of a dilemma if the first paragraph is true, because they are photos on her ipad (her ipad only) which she would really like to keep but yet deleted on her Laptop, therefore during the next synchronization these photos would be deleted assuming my assumption on the first paragraph is right. I?m hoping they is away that you may be able to transfer photos from the laptop to the ipad, and then go onto delete the pictures from the laptop and be okay to do so (keeping the pictures on the ipad during each link up to itunes)..

Any info regarding this matter would be very grateful, thanks.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Your assumptions are all valid. The best thing she can do at this point to save the photos she has only on her iPad is to email them to herself so that she'll have them on her computer and start the whole process over again.

The process of synchronization mirrors the two pieces that you're using. If you sync a to b, a and b will be the same. If you change a...you change b, and if you change b...you change a.

micky_rooney

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
Your assumptions are all valid. The best thing she can do at this point to save the photos she has only on her iPad is to email them to herself so that she'll have them on her computer and start the whole process over again.

The process of synchronization mirrors the two pieces that you're using. If you sync a to b, a and b will be the same. If you change a...you change b, and if you change b...you change a.

Thanks Alli, I'll let her know..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73