iPad Case

rws381

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi all, I just got my iPad this week and need some kind of case when transporting it to work, a friends house or the coffee shop.

I'm thinking about the Incase Neoprene Slip Sleeve Plus but have read that they can be too big. Does anyone have any suggestions for something similar to this that you really like?

combatdoc

Dec 13, 2008
www.ffpblog.com
Personally, the apple ipad case has been the perfect fit for me. Durable, washable, doesn't add bulk. If I could see myself paying $50 for a case, I'd be getting a DODOCase.

rws381

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
The Apple and DODOCase both look nice but I'm looking for a sleeve type holder. I think that the iPad feels too good in your hands to put any kid of permanent case or cover on it.

Just want something I can put it in while carrying it from place to place.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I love the Apple case. No bulk added and with the folder style, its easy to carry around

rws381

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I love the Apple case. No bulk added and with the folder style, its easy to carry around

I do like the Apple case but I'm not sure if I like it more than the naked look. I just feel like iPads and iPhones are too nice looking to cover up with cases. I think I'm going to have to go with the Incase Neoprene Slip Case Plus. The only problem is that the only ones I can find in stock around here are pink.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I do like the Apple case but I'm not sure if I like it more than the naked look. I just feel like iPads and iPhones are too nice looking to cover up with cases. I think I'm going to have to go with the Incase Neoprene Slip Case Plus. The only problem is that the only ones I can find in stock around here are pink.

Unless your a female, pink is a problem lol

8vrm5150

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I really like the Marware Eco View case. It's only $10 more than the Apple case, it's easier to take the ipad out and put back in and is made of better materials. Also, the case doesn't have a giant Apple logo on the exterior so it's not quite as obvious you're carrying a theft liable device.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I like the way it looks without cover, but I'm too worried about dropping or scratching to prop it up. I use the apple case and it's been great. It's simple and light.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
It is too inconvenient to use it without a case like the Apple Case. I can't imagine having to prop it up or hold it in my hand all the time while doing things. That just doesn't make any sense to me.

rws381

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
After looking at lots of different pouch types I decided to go with the Griffin Jumper. It got a nice review from TiPb and is the simple slider that I was looking for.

Hopefully it will work out. Thanks for all of the tips.

Super27

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I use the Marware Eco View case as well. It really is the nicest looking case that I've come across - makes my iPad fit right in during business meetings, with customers, etc. It also seems to be really well built, so although it costs a bit more than Apple's I don't see myself needing to replace this anytime soon.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
The Apple and DODOCase both look nice but I'm looking for a sleeve type holder. I think that the iPad feels too good in your hands to put any kid of permanent case or cover on it.

Just want something I can put it in while carrying it from place to place.

I have no suggestion that hasn't already been offered, I wanted to point out that the Apple case is hardly permanent. I take the ipad out when I feel like reading, for instance. No biggie.

gsscout7

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Cavemancase

Actually I just saw this new case, the Caveman Case they call it an iPortfolio, pretty clever. Kinda like the DODO but without all the wood and distraction that detracts from the beauty of the iPad... I think I'm going to go with Caveman. The site is at cavemancase . com

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I picked up one of these at my local Best Buy

Amazon.com: Wenger WA-7616-02F00 LEGACY Computer SlimCase: Computer &…

It works great for my iPad. I carry my iPad (in an Incipio SILICRYLIC case), the Apple BT keyboard, A folding iPad stand, the power brick and sync cable, the headphones and my external GPS.

It all fits perfectly and very convenient to carry it all togther.

pchris

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I picked up the Tuff Luv multiview case..i love the stand it comes with...works great, steady enough. Although it's not made of leather as advertised, but the material seems to be ok..it is stiched, which is way better.

j_squared

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Currently using an Apple iPad case, but recently ordered the Incipio Kickstand case. Incipio has a good line up of ipad cases you should check them out.

myincipio.com

happycamping

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
Skooba bag is great!

I stronly recommend this case! I absolutely love it! I looked for days before buying this case. I use it constantly back and forth with work and other trips. I have flown with it and really like it as well as long care rides and so forth. It has easy access to your ipad without opening it all the way but hidden so people can't see the easy access without you doing it. Very strong, lots of pockets...plus a drink bottle pocket too! I forgot to mention there is a special pocket to fit your ipad in snug!

Netbook Messenger Netbook/iPad Bag - Case

Last edited:

rws381

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I got my Griffin Jumper today and it's definitely what I was looking for. It seems like it would protect in a minor drop and the inside is super soft.

Hopefully it will hold up over time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro