iPad, can it replace the laptop for college?

redmudbass

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I am heading off to college and I plan on using my iPad for everything (Note taking, essay writing, etc.) do you guys think the iPad can handle this the way a laptop could? My laptop is terrible and useless so my iPad is my everything and so far it has handled everything I have thrown at it. I have pages, so what else would be in my interest to download. I have the iPad essentials like iBooks and all that jazz but what other apps are great and just going unmentioned? Thanks for the help!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It's hard to say if you're a very basic user surfing the web, email, word processing then you could do it. If you do anything heavier image manipulation Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. then I don't think it will work for you. It could never replace my laptop but you might be a very different user. You should also keep in mind the browser doesn't do flash, just a thought. You could get Fliqnotes or Fliqdocs it will allow you to transfer notes and documents between iPhones or iPads.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I would keep a PC in your dorm as linds 15 stated and possibly use LogMeIn for when you need more horsepower. I use my iPad nearly exclusively at work. But, I need to go to my office for things like printing. Your going to need to print documents for classes.

Nemisportsman

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I think you could accomplish alot, but not all...be sure to check out a free app called Sundry Notes. When I head back one of these days to finish my masters...I'll be using it! Recording integrated with notes will be a nice upgrade from my last couple degrees.

I have gone to college during parts of the last 3 decades and am looking forward to using an iPad as a learning machine.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I am heading off to college and I plan on using my iPad for everything (Note taking, essay writing, etc.) do you guys think the iPad can handle this the way a laptop could? My laptop is terrible and useless so my iPad is my everything and so far it has handled everything I have thrown at it. I have pages, so what else would be in my interest to download. I have the iPad essentials like iBooks and all that jazz but what other apps are great and just going unmentioned? Thanks for the help!

If you're headed off to college and your old laptop is useless, you bought the wrong thing.

aser713

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site

I typed 4 out of 15 pages for a paper on my iPad before I finally gave up. It is not meant to replace your laptop. For one, citing an electronic resource would be a major PITA when you need to switch back and forth between Safari and Pages.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods