Looking for a good remote access app. Help!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I've been using CrazyRemote on my iPhone. Cost $2.99 and does everything the more expensive remotes do.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I just bought an Ipad and I want to know what experience anyone has with any of the remote access apps.

I have been using LogMeIn Ignition for about a month, now. It is working out quite nicely for me.

It is certainly pricey, at $29.99, but I was already familiar with the software and had already set it up on my Mom's and other pc's.

I have never used the one Alli mentions, but you sure can't beat at price.

Good luck, whatever you decide.

omegadivine

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Personally I use team viewer. Its free but unfortunately there is no iPad app but iPhone app actually works and looks decent at 2x.

chemsales

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I am a constant user of Gotomypc on my laptop back to my office desktop. So, I was worried if I would find a similar (and smooth) app to use for my iPad. I have been very happy with the Logmein Ignition/Pro2 combo. It connects quickly and has been trouble-free.

mopepom

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Mocha VNC is a super app for remote control of your XP desktop. I use it on the iPod, iPhone and now the iPad. Just recently I used this app to access my satellite connected desktop in Canada from Europe on all three devices.

On the iPad it is truly spectacular because of it's quality picture - even better than my flatscreen on the desktop.

Mocha VNC comes in 2 versions - the lite version is cheap but limited.

cr12#IM

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
i use jump and i have been real happy with it, its pretty quick, just have to set up your desktop to not sleep otherwise it wont work, and it only works with win 7 ultimate and home premium i believe.

aside from that it works as advertised and is just a little cheaper than logmein @ 20 bucks.

NavarroOne

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Depends on what you need the remote to do? i tried "off" which supposedly allows you to turn off your pc. I run windows7 and it didnt work for me.

If you have IHC in your house, you can get a remote to control all the electrics, eg lights, curtains etc. Don't own that app myself but thought I'd mention it as it sounds nifty!

If you are looking to control your itunes music library then look no further than "remote" which is an iphone app but works great on the ipad and is very cheap if I recall correctly.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2