iPad quirky ghost typing and other issues help

Meucow

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Please help. iPad is one week old. When in safari, intermittently. iPad starts typing on it's own. Keypad is open and letters are typing on their own...random letters. Same with address bar, I'll start to enter a word like "paint" in the google bar in safari and iPad starts typing like this (my hands aren't even near the iPad) example: hjdkfhskrygkwugkusryuktwuk

Different windows keep opening... On their own!!!

Please advise. Just spent a fortune on this and it's freaking out!
Yes, vie turned iPad on/off.

Thank you in advance!

cconner01

May 27, 2010
Visit site
My iPad is doing similar things

Hi - I have somewhat the same question. My iPad 3G has been spontaneously launching its iPod function and starting to play random songs from the library - an odd thing to happen when you're walking around with business people.

I thought I must have been bumping it somehow by accident - but today I could also see that it is spontaneously and repeatedly popping back out of standby and I could see it was doing this while I'm not touching it in any way. That means of course that the battery is draining steadily because it won't stay in standby.

I know Apple stands behind these things scrupulously and I did purchase AppleCare in case it's a warranty thing and I have to exchange it. I tried powering it down completely and starting it back up, but it still kept popping back out of standby.

So I'm wondering, too, what the fix might be and if other people are having this happen. My iPad is also about 1 week old.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2