How long does it take to receive an iPad order?

MAGNUS

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
With Apple.com's shipping disclaimer of "Ships within 7-10 Business Days", how long does someone actually wait to receive their order in hand from the day the order was placed? Is it safe to say about a week after the 7-10 bus days time-frame, total 2-3 weeks?

I don't know weather I should buy one on CL to avoid having to wait or go ahead and place the order on the Apple site. The part I love most of buying new gadgets (or any new purchase for that matter), apart from playing with them of course, is opening the packaging. It feels like Xmas.

Thoughts? Suggestions? a/s/l? (lol)

Last edited:

mrguilt

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I did a thread called "How Long in 'Prepared to Ship' Status" which has my experience, as well as others. You may want to look for that.

Short answer: 7-10 business days reflects from order to ship. Ship time will ad a few days too it--it literally ships from China. I ordered mine the evening of May 5, and just got it on Monday, May 17. At the time of order, we were still in "5-7 business days." Mine went "prepared to ship" on 5/12, 5 or 6 business days, depending on if you count the Fifth.

MAGNUS

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad I didnt place my order online. When I finally decided to make the purchase I made one last attempt to go to a nearby Apple Store. Of course they were sold out so they put me on the reserve list. I figured I could call a second store to get put on a list for that location as well. Turns out they had a few in stock so I made the purchase there.

Note: I put myself on the reserve list at the initial store I visited on a Thursday and by the following Tuesday I received a follow up email my iPad was available for pick up.

Not too sure why it's taking so long for delivery from the website.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR