iPad, Keyboard Dock, and the University of Phoenix

Guzman

Mar 18, 2010
www.GuzmanWebsites.com
Hey everyone,

I am taking courses at the University of Phoenix online to get a degree in web design, and needed something to carry with me to read all this content they give us and of course that was the only reason I needed to get an iPad :D

Well, here is a video for anyone who is in the same boat, that is contemplating getting an iPad. I had to search hard to figure out how to get it to work but this video should solve that for anyone.

Phoenix has an iPhone optimized site for their students which is great if you get in to a situation where you realize last minute that you need to post a comment or answer a Daily Question. However, the iPad does not trigger the iPhone optimized site so you have to be a sneaky squirrel to get everything to play nice.

I must say, with all the reading we are required to do, having the iPad handy is a blessing. Ok, i'll shut up now - here's the video :)

YouTube - iPad, Keyboard, and University of Phoenix

Guzman

Mar 18, 2010
www.GuzmanWebsites.com
Glad it did! I also have another one up showing the proper way to post and get through the spell check. You'll see it under my videos. Glad I could help!

schluntz

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Scrolling through Phoenix Message

Have you found a way around scrolling through the messages without having to just choose the last one visible and clicking [Next]. When you have 80 messages in a forum it takes a long time to next your way to the end.

sdakidd

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey Jeremy I was wondering how ebooks work on there if u can Download them to the iPad or the computer and have them in iBooks or something. Thanks for the videos and help

gamblz

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Have you found a way around scrolling through the messages without having to just choose the last one visible and clicking [Next]. When you have 80 messages in a forum it takes a long time to next your way to the end.

When watching the video I noticed that he inadvertently did scroll in the threaded window. After some trial and error I found that if you place one finger on the last visible line of the threaded window (not on the link to the post, but to the right of it) and leave it there, you can use another finger to scroll through the list just as if you were doing this from q desktop.

gamblz

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey Jeremy I was wondering how ebooks work on there if u can Download them to the iPad or the computer and have them in iBooks or something. Thanks for the videos and help

I found the best way to get the ebooks from the UoP website is to use aapp called GoodReader.

Once GoodReader is installed you'll use Safari to navigate to the ebook download page and select the chapter you want. It will open the PDF doc in a safari window. Simply place a "g" (no quotes) in front of the web a dress in the address bar (ie. ghttp:\.....). then it will automatically be downloaded in GoodReader. You can use any PDF viewing program (iBooks does work), GoodReader is pretty nice.

Only thing you can't do is protected PDF's.....so no full books and some chapters.

jaymz69

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Locked PDF

So what do you do when you have to download a locked pdf for the iPad?

I am just starting there and am discouvering the issue

thanks

gamblz

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
So what do you do when you have to download a locked pdf for the iPad?

I am just starting there and am discouvering the issue

thanks

There is no solution for locked PDF's at the moment.

Fortunatly none of the classes I have taken so far require reading of any of the locked chapters, so I am still able to download and access all the required reading.

iPad_User_Tammy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Scrolling in uop online

thank you this helped a lot. I did as you described and it worked. A good alternative until we can actually see the scroll bar :)

When watching the video I noticed that he inadvertently did scroll in the threaded window. After some trial and error I found that if you place one finger on the last visible line of the threaded window (not on the link to the post, but to the right of it) and leave it there, you can use another finger to scroll through the list just as if you were doing this from q desktop.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal