Canadian iPad info

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I stayed up until midnight last night which would officially be May 10th. I wanted to get a drop on the pre-orders for the iPad to make sure I got in before the site was overloaded with people ordering. Well after half an hour nothing updated on the page offering the option to pre-order. I finally called in and they said it was coming but they had no idea when. So this morning I got up and low and behold it was possible to pre-order :D So here are the details of our available international ordering.

Pricing
ipad2.jpg

My Order
ipad11z.jpg

Shipping ETAs
ipad31.jpg

Now I've just got to wait 18 days LOL There is still no info on what type of data plan Rogers is offering but it was scheduled to be revealed today. When ordering you can get a MicroSIM for 0.20 and choose your data plan. It looks like the camera kit also has alot of orders? since it wont be here until June.

Last edited:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Why didn't you drive down to your lovely neighbor south Buffalo and pick one up at the Apple store?

There are fees for bringing certain tech items across the border. Canadians only pay a $50 premium, so if he went and bought it in the states, he'd have to pay around $50 at the border coming back anyway, so it would be a waste of time and gas money.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah plus I could stand to wait this time around since it was only a month or so I rather buy it here in Canada so when I need any warranty work done I just take it to a Mall near me.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Finally the Eagle has landed!!!

I figured instead of cluttering up the forums with a new thread I would revive this one. I got my iPad yesterday!!! I love it I can't put the damn thing down :D I waited all day and finally got it at 4PM I had it delivered to me @ work so about eight of us the hardcore Mac followers gathered in the middle of the building and I un-boxed it. Everyone loved it there was ohhhs and ahhhs, people were joking about it, on the phone with family talking about it "Guess what I'm looking at? AN IPAD!" was the common phrase. There were pictures and videos then everyone wanted to hold it to see how heavy it is.On the way home on the train I had 3 people come and ask which one I got with big goofy grins on their faces. Then a lady contemplating getting one for her husband after seeing mine decided to get one. She asked me a couple questions about which size to get, 3G or Wifi and whether Applecare was worth it. I have to say I am thoroughly enjoying it, it does exactly what I intended and I can't seem to put it down. The next stop is the TiPb store to get a case and search for a screen protector. I will add pics to the thread by the end of the weekend.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Web Browsing

In the browser swiping up and down scrolls the page but side to side doesn't do anything. I wonder why they didn't use that to get to other open pages instead of closing the one ur in to get another one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice