Do you get looked at cock-eyed when toting around your iPad?

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I know I do. All day yesterday I took my iPad with me everywhere. And I mean everywhere. Meetings, office, lunch, around the building, etc. And I noticed that people where looking at me a bit weird. Even my co workers asked if I was going to take that everywhere. My response was yes, I sure am. I threw down the cash for it, waited for the 3G so I could be connected 24/7, and am going to get all the use out of it as I can. Having push gmail, instant access to the web, exchange, etc at my immediate access is indespensible. Thoughts?

AAFD

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
I know I do. All day yesterday I took my iPad with me everywhere. And I mean everywhere. Meetings, office, lunch, around the building, etc. And I noticed that people where looking at me a bit weird. Even my co workers asked if I was going to take that everywhere. My response was yes, I sure am. I threw down the cash for it, waited for the 3G so I could be connected 24/7, and am going to get all the use out of it as I can. Having push gmail, instant access to the web, exchange, etc at my immediate access is indespensible. Thoughts?

Cool, its yours, use it as you need it!!

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site

Most don't know what it is because of the Apple case. When they figure it out, they tend to express curiosity more than disdain.

Besides, these things are theft magnets. I am in CostCo and have it with me. No way am I leaving it in the car.

VLennert

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I haven't been to work with it yet, will try that tomorrow. I'll let you know how people react. I think they're all gonna flock into my office tho...as about six people called me Friday night to see if I actually got one in the Apple store line. When I told them yes, they asked me to bring it in to work. Even the head guy called to ask me to bring it in :)

I think I'm going to have to deal with a circus!!!

MNofsinger

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I will be taking mine to work tomorrow. Several people are wanting to check it out. I signed up for the unlimited 3G package today, so I am ready to try it away from home.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I brought mine into work and all sorts of people wanted to hold it touch it or play with it haha. It's cool though because I trust them and know if something happened to it they would replace it.

TheMooch

Dec 9, 2008
Visit site
I take mine to my ProMatch networking group (looking for a job). I get a few odd looks, but I'm in silicon valley so not really all that many.

combatdoc

Dec 13, 2008
www.ffpblog.com
I take mine to my ProMatch networking group (looking for a job). I get a few odd looks, but I'm in silicon valley so not really all that many.

Maybe the odd looks are from people wondering how you can afford an iPad without a job. :D

Just kidding. You should try being a tech geek in the army.

Erieg

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
What are you using to carry it out and about? So far I have just been carrying it around in the apple case (which I have grown to love in the last three days). I really don't want to through it in my backpack with my macbook. I looked at Timbuk2 but I really don't want a bag strapped to my back, I want it more as something close to my hip so I can grab things out fast.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice