iPad USB Charging Solution

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Well...I kinda fell into this one, but I figured I would share my find with you!

I know that some people are not happy with the fact that the iPad does not necessarily charge from every USB port. I felt the same way, until I realize that I had a $8 fix.

I have a Sprint mifi that does not charge via USB. I was told that buying the below accessory would change that. It didn't. In fact, I forgot about this until yesterday. I tried it out. It worked. I am happy.

I've tried this out using a few different USB ports. When I plug my iPad into the ports directly, it does not charge. When I plug it in with this adapter, it charges.

I can now say it is one of my prized accessories... :D

iPad Charging Adapter

Reactions: Tramain

sjunkie#AC

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Good find indeed! Does it charge as quickly as it would on a wall charger? Thanks again! I'm gonna have to pick one of those up too.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I don't think it charges as fast as the wll charger, but it is good for those times you don't have an outlet available.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I have a powered USB dock and everything charges from it except the iPad. I thought it would but nope.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
question for the OP... does it charge at a normal rate... or the lower speed charge. i can't see how it would work...

after some research, i found this cable... dual usb power cable the 3rd cable seems to be the one that i normally find on external bus powered hard drives, but with a USB output... i wonder if it would allow full charging since its powered off 2 usb ports instead of 1..