Taking your iPad out in public?

jmpetra

May 29, 2010
www.facebook.com
It just occured to me that this might be a great way for me to pick up guys ;)

(Note: Everyone on here thinks I'm a guy. No, I'm not gay..I'm just a chick :D)

I don't mind showing it to people, but due to the sheer cost of this thing, its going to take an act of courage for me to take it out somewhere besides the car, plane, office...
Oh, oh. My wife just went on a trip and she has her iPad.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Everyone stares

The first day it was on sale here everyone I saw on my train was asking all sorts of questions. Now even though I don't see anyone else with one I still see people staring at me and hear them whispering LOL. When I'm not sitting or at work I have it in my laptop bag since I leave it at work now.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
The first day it was on sale here everyone I saw on my train was asking all sorts of questions. Now even though I don't see anyone else with one I still see people staring at me and hear them whispering LOL. When I'm not sitting or at work I have it in my laptop bag since I leave it at work now.
On the sidewalk outside the cafe this afternoon, a ten year old said, "Look, Mom, that man has an iPad too."

chadman

TiPb Blog and Forum Staff
Sep 7, 2006
twitter.com
I have been approached a few times in Starbucks, but I have only seen two people with an iPad (that weren't in an Apple Store).

justinleon

Oct 19, 2008
Visit site
I dread bringing it out in public. I hate small talk and I generally don't like being disturbed when I'm doing something. When one idiot had asked me the question "is that an iPad?", I didn't answer and gave this nasty look to him.

I also bring large head phones and I crank up the music in an effort to prevent people invading my space.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I dread bringing it out in public. I hate small talk and I generally don't like being disturbed when I'm doing something. When one idiot had asked me the question "is that an iPad?", I didn't answer and gave this nasty look to him.

I also bring large head phones and I crank up the music in an effort to prevent people invading my space.
I had a few of those conversations, today. I didn't give any dirty looks but people repeatedly interrupted me without acknowledging my earbuds or the less-and-less common courtesy of "excuse me."

I begin to like the attention less and less. For me, it's as much about HOW people approach me as it is the fact that they do.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Left my laptop home and took my iPad 3G with me on family vacation for a week--and glad I did, as there was no WiFi to be found at the beach.

My whole family plays Words With Friends, and while they were having to deal with the iPhone's screens, I was able to play and see the entire board at once. Nice.

TiggerSwindon

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I took my iPad out in the wild for the first time to a pub for Sunday lunch to show to the friend I was meeting there. I was amazed to see 3 other people with them.
A quiet pub out in the country is not the first place I would expect to bump into other iPad owners!
It did start a few conversations and comparison of the WiFi only and 3G versions, a 50-50 split.
Is there a name for a collection of iPads? How about a Pool of iPads lol

morgantm89

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Took mine to jury duty today, it was great to surf the internet while everyone else was reading books. MyWi tethering is fantastic haha

Didn't have anyone ask about it though, which I didn't really mind. The less people that notice that I have a expensive device with me in downtown the better.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2