Official "I got my iPad Wi-Fi + 3G" thread!

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I got mine at 2. I have been on it ever since. I can't put this down. I'm now having a drink and dinner at a bar as I sit here and type this. I've been approached by about 10 people already and I've been here for about 20 min. This is crazy. Apple has made a phenomenal product. It's one thing to play with one in a store but to own your own...just wow. I'm so glad I waited for the 3G.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Up until 2 am with the iPad. That's 12 hours pretty much non stop with the thing. I had to plug it In at 1245am. And to the guys asking about it being unlocked, as the other guy said, it is. However nobody else is using micro SIMS yet and I don't think anyone is going to butcher their tmobile SIM to find out the obvious and that is EDGE only.

VLennert

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Up until 2 am with the iPad. That's 12 hours pretty much non stop with the thing. I had to plug it In at 1245am.

Same here...haha. I fell asleep with it in the bed!!

I can not put this thing down. I've got a 50 inch HDTV, an xbox360, a PS3, a rather nice speedy desktop...and I'm surfing the net and watching Netflix on my iPad!!!

Oh and the books are incredibly awesome. I'm a reader...I've already downloaded like 10 of them.

challenger

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Uses Micro Sim .. T-Mobile doesn't have those yet here in the US.

Oh yes, but it looks like some brave person at modmyi.com forum did it:
=====================
Answer a few questions.
First, it works with a T-Mobile SIM.
Second, you can sync it to iTunes without a SIM even for the first initialization.
Third, you will only get EDGE on T-Mobile.
The speed is the same as my 3GS on T-Mobile.
I wrote this message on my iPad 3G using T-Mobile, no wifi.
And I am using the old T-Mobile BB plan.
-Dk
=====================

bcaslis#IM

Jun 18, 2002
caslis.com
Got my 3G last night at 6pm at the Washington Square Apple store in Tigard Oregon. Now need to figure out what to do with the wifi model.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I picked mine up at the North Michigan Ave store here in Chicago at like 1:00 today. There was a line fir 3G ipads and everything it was super exciting!! I cant wait to try out the 3G man this thing is fast!!

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
Mine arrived at my doorstep while I was at work. A very long day it was. Have been playing with it ever since. Got a great case online:
Flip Leather Case for iPad | +Simplism

Red leather, found it on Amazon and it was delivered the day before. Perfect. Will there eventually be a Chat feature for SMS and MMS? Did not realize it did not have one. Had a bit of trouble loading Word with Friends but otherwise everything else works great. Downloaded Avatar to watch later!

Can one use their iphone Apps on the iPad?

Last edited:

bcowart

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
It's Sunday, I live in Berkeley, CA, and I still haven't received my preordered iPad 3G 64GB. The FedEx site says it's still in transit. Was loaded on the truck Friday at 3:45. ;(