iPad Capacity Choices

parishyoung

Feb 10, 2009
Visit site
Ok, so while some of you have your iPad's, some are sat by your postboxes waiting for them and other are waiting for May 10th I just wanted to ask about the sizes (capacity) that you got.

Normally I cringe when I see these types of questions on here, but short of making a customised die with the six different versions on it each side I really can't decide which model to get.

So I'm wondering have any of you, who already have one, wished you'd got a larger one?

I have a 160Gb Apple TV which I'll never fill. I have a 32Gb iPhone 3GS, which I probably could fill if I put ALL my movies on it, but I doubt I will.

MNofsinger

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
My iPad 64GB 3G will be arriving tomorrow. I would say that the amount of memory you get should be based on what you plan to do with it. A couple thousand songs, a few games and some movies will fill the 16GB up pretty fast. I went with the 64GB so I would have some room to spare!

VLennert

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm picking up the 32. I don't have a huge collection of stuff, but the 16 will fill up VERY fast and I wanted to give myself a little wiggle room.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
My iPad 64GB 3G will be arriving tomorrow. I would say that the amount of memory you get should be based on what you plan to do with it. A couple thousand songs, a few games and some movies will fill the 16GB up pretty fast. I went with the 64GB so I would have some room to spare!
The storage options on the IBM 1401 on day of announcement were 2K and 1.4K, from which it took its name. (Fortunately for IBM, they did not sell many in those configurations.)

The first hard drive I bought was 10MB and cost me $3000- at IBM Employee price. (We did not store photos, much less movies.)

Today SanDisk offered to sell me a 64GB thumbdrive for less than $300-. The iPad is now only one of several computers that do not have hard drives. One is designed to boot from an SD card.

I like Parkinson's Law of Storage that says "Data expands to fill the storage available to put it in." The cheaper the storage, the more applications we find to use it for.

I had less than 16GB of data on my second iPhone. I have less than 32 on my 3GS.

One might agree that one should choose the configuration based upon what one plans to do. I suggest that it works the other way. What we do depends upon how much storage we have. If I keep my iPad for a year or two, 64GB may seem relatively small.

Last edited:

doublebullout

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I wound up with a 16gb 3G because I was near the end of the line Friday evening and the higher capacities sold out first. But I'm satisfied with 16gb. I plan on using the iPad for the things it is best suited for, which isn't portable music listening. I already have an iPod for that, and with Pandora and Netflix I won't need to store so much media on the iPad.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
Ok, so while some of you have your iPad's, some are sat by your postboxes waiting for them and other are waiting for May 10th I just wanted to ask about the sizes (capacity) that you got.

Normally I cringe when I see these types of questions on here, but short of making a customised die with the six different versions on it each side I really can't decide which model to get.

So I'm wondering have any of you, who already have one, wished you'd got a larger one?

I have a 160Gb Apple TV which I'll never fill. I have a 32Gb iPhone 3GS, which I probably could fill if I put ALL my movies on it, but I doubt I will.

As someone else here mentioned, one must consider how one plans to use it AND try to divine the ways you might use it further in the future.

As they day, buy as much computer as you computer as you can afford, at the time, if you are the kind of person whose needs tend to grow/evolve with the times.

The first iPad I bought had 32 Gb of storage. I filled it halfway up so quickly that I thought the 64 Gb model might be the way to go instead.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73