Anyone get a shipping notice/tracking number yet?

kbreslaw

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Just got word that my wife's 32G (ordered on 4/6) shipped, but I still haven't gotten shipping confirmation on my 32G (ordered on 3/12).

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Just got word that my wife's 32G (ordered on 4/6) shipped, but I still haven't gotten shipping confirmation on my 32G (ordered on 3/12).
Might one infer that they are not shipping in the sequence of order receipt? And, that some orders as late as 4/6 are shipping at least peer with earlier orders? If so, interesting?

kbreslaw

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site

Should have waited to post my last post. I just got an email confirming that mine has shipped as well. Both shipments say that they will be delivered by 3:00PM tomorrow.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
May I conclude that I can simply watch e-mail and stop checking status? When I get a tracking number, I can then watch events in FedEx.

I think you are spot on. The OCD part of me wants to keep checking the web site and my order status, but I might as well just wait for my email confirmation. :)

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I wish. I was in before the "MAY 7" crowd and have been charged 2 times that turned out as authorizations. As of this morning, I have no charge from my account and no tracking info. I still show "prepared for shipment".

So what do I do? I called Apple this morning, the wait to get a rep was 23 minutes!:eek: Then I got on the phone with the rudest Apple rep I have ever talked to. As I explained what the deal was (I had a complicated order process), he cut me mid story telling and said "basically you want to know if your going to get it tomorrow, right? The answer is YES. Thanks for calling Apple."

Wow. Well I hope it is true. He did also say that the charges do not go through until FedEx physically scans it in their system and is picked up. Today is going to be a long day.
Consider how long his day is going to be. Ninety percent of his calls are going to be from obsessive compulsives whose stories are not going to influence his answer. He just wants to "cut to the chase." The ninety percent are keeping him from getting to the few interesting cases he will hear during the day. Talk about your long day.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I think you are spot on. The OCD part of me wants to keep checking the web site and my order status, but I might as well just wait for my email confirmation. :)
Because I may check my e-mail from any one of soon to be five devices, it is set for "pull." I have long since forgotten how to return to the default.

MNofsinger

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine was picked up at 5:30 A.M. EST in Middletown PA. They still have haven't charged my bank account for it. I feel like a kid on Chrismas Eve! Maybe we should refer to today as iPad 3G Eve... :) I keep checking the FedEx site but there hasn't been a status change since it was picked up.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Consider how long his day is going to be. Ninety percent of his calls are going to be from obsessive compulsives whose stories are not going to influence his answer. He just wants to "cut to the chase." The ninety percent are keeping him from getting to the few interesting cases he will hear during the day. Talk about your long day.

Oh I understand that. In fact I said to the guy that I am sure all his calls today are regarding this. But as I said before my order had quite a few hicups, cancellation emails (for some reason), etc. I wanted to make sure what I was told last week still held true.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Oh I understand that. In fact I said to the guy that I am sure all his calls today are regarding this. But as I said before my order had quite a few hicups, cancellation emails (for some reason), etc. I wanted to make sure what I was told last week still held true.
lol. chuckle, chuckle.

And all he wanted to do was tell you, "yes."

guinness0514

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
Mine is already at my hub...c'mon guys help me make a good excuse to tell them to hand it over :)

Picked up
NASHVILLE, TN Shipment Dates
Ship date Apr 29, 2010
Estimated delivery Apr 30, 2010 by 3:00 PM
Destination
Nashville, TN
Shipment Facts Help Service typeStandard Overnight - Indirect Signature Required
Weight4.0 lbs/1.8 kg

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
Mine is already at my hub...c'mon guys help me make a good excuse to tell them to hand it over :)

Picked up
Ship date Apr 29, 2010
Destination
Nashville, TN
Shipment Facts Help Service typeStandard Overnight - Indirect Signature Required
Weight4.0 lbs/1.8 kg

How about presenting them with a doctors prescription? :D

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site

Picked up
Ship date Apr 29, 2010
Destination
Nashville, TN
Weight4.0 lbs/1.8 kg
You want FedEx to do what? Break its agreement with Apple? Lots of luck.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Status unchanged.

If the tracking number never comes, it will have no impact on the time of arrival of the package.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR