Anyone get a shipping notice/tracking number yet?

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
Add me to the Prepared for Shipment crowd. I ordered mine on 4/19. I'm excited too and not worried about getting it on Friday. I've ordered items from Amazon.com at 4 pm for overnight and got them the next day too many times to number. I'm sure Apple is at least as good. Hmmm now what excuse can I take to work from home on Friday??? :cool:

Yes, I feel confident for a Friday delivery also, especially now that I know that my order is also prepared for shipment. I believe we will receive notification of shipment tomorrow and have them by Friday. :)

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I think that the order status goes to 'Prepared for shipment' when the picking order, packing list, and package label are printed. The next change in status is likely to be triggered when the package changes hands from Apple to FedEx. Can hardly be later than tomorrow.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
4:30 PM CDT Wednesday, and still no shipping/tracking confirmation.

I'm still of the opinion that the pre-ordered iPad 3Gs will ship tomorrow for overnight delivery. I think that shipping overnight provides more precision for the likelihood of delivery the next day and all pre-ordered iPads should be in the hands of their new owners well before the 5pm store launch.

guinness0514

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
I think the status change will be more of a knee jerk reaction. Meaning, that I think FedEx will already have the package in hand before you see the status change.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I think the status change will be more of a knee jerk reaction. Meaning, that I think FedEx will already have the package in hand before you see the status change.
Perhaps. There are really two changes that I want to see. I want it to show "shipped" in Apple and a tracking number in FedEx.

Mine will be delivered to my mail drop. I rely upon FedEx to tell me that it has been delivered to the mail drop so that I know when to go over there. The FedEx tracking number is the key to this.

Since it is likely to take hours to do the initial sync, and since it is not really interesting until it has my data and apps, I want to start sync as early as possible.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I wish. I was in before the "MAY 7" crowd and have been charged 2 times that turned out as authorizations. As of this morning, I have no charge from my account and no tracking info. I still show "prepared for shipment".

So what do I do? I called Apple this morning, the wait to get a rep was 23 minutes!:eek: Then I got on the phone with the rudest Apple rep I have ever talked to. As I explained what the deal was (I had a complicated order process), he cut me mid story telling and said "basically you want to know if your going to get it tomorrow, right? The answer is YES. Thanks for calling Apple."

Wow. Well I hope it is true. He did also say that the charges do not go through until FedEx physically scans it in their system and is picked up. Today is going to be a long day.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh