Are you happy with your iPad?

Are you happy with your iPad

• Total voters

meerkat

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm very happy with my iPad. I've had it since the first weekend after it became available in the UK and it is now my primary computing device for general web browsing and emailing etc. I bought the 32GB WiFi model and although I sometimes wish I had gone for the 3G model, in reality I think I would very rarely be able to justify the cost of another data plan as I already have an iPhone 4 contract.

Probably my biggest (only?) frustration is not being able to tether my iPad to my iPhone and share the data contract. This would be really useful on occasion and I don't understand why this is not supported as standard. My data allowance is fixed anyway so what does it matter if I consume it with the iPhone or iPad? This is the only reason I am ever tempted to Jailbreak so that I can use MyWi.

Tethering aside, this is a great device and truly exceptional for a 1st generation device. Traditional laptop (and hard drive) manufacturers must be very nervous and netbook manufacturers already know their days are numbered. Tablets are undoubtedly here to stay and I really think they will become the standard device for the majority of computing needs.

And once again, as with the iPhone, Apple has blown the potential competition out of the water! It's looking like it will be almost 18 months from the original iPad announcement before anything resembling competition will be available.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I agree that we'll see tablets take over a lot of places where netbooks and laptops now rule.

I predict a stand to hold the iPad upright maybe 20 degrees off vertical with the top away from the user. The stand will have a standard keyboard allowing major data entry. This will be the iPad docking station and it will put paid to much larger or less portable machines.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree that we'll see tablets take over a lot of places where netbooks and laptops now rule.

I predict a stand to hold the iPad upright maybe 20 degrees off vertical with the top away from the user. The stand will have a standard keyboard allowing major data entry. This will be the iPad docking station and it will put paid to much larger or less portable machines.

Anything better then the current Apple iPod keyboard dock. Keyboard should be detachable and you should be able to dock it any way you wish.

The stand you are talking about, I could see it matching that of the iMac or Cinnima display.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Keyboard s/b wireless, Chris. And it should be a real keyboard usable by human hands rather than the pixie only hands that Apple brand keyboards are made for.

Astonv122803

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I love my ipad

I got my iPad back in October and i instantly loved it, the large multitouch display made it a great experience and then ios 4.2 came out and it made my ipad even better and i think that it is easily the best tablet on the market.

mtnmedic

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Very happy!

LOVE my iPad 64GB WiFi+3G!

I'm a LONG time PC/Windows user (since the early 80s!). I've toyed with all kinds of slate and tablet devices, gaining limited satisfaction. I've always wanted a true tablet/slate device for portability, reading, doing crossword puzzles, internet access, email, having my references handy, etc. Particularly something that's lightweight and easy to handle, since I'm a Paramedic and I spend a LOT of time in an ambulance (I work 24 hour shifts and we spend about 3/4 of that time in the vehicle on stand-by in between calls or on long transports). I've had an HP TX2500 Tablet PC for a few years and it's a good machine, complete with a true WACOM tablet. However, it's still heavy, runs hot and constantly needs to be plugged in. And it's still a tad bulky in handling, especially in a moving ambulance where there's little room at all.

The iPad has been a Godsend to me. 10-12 hours of battery life alone is fabulous, but the fact that it's lightweight, slender and that it doesn't run hot is a dream come true. Built-in 3G is a great feature. No more PC cards or dongles! The instant-on and rapid app access is just amazing. No more waiting for a machine to wake up and load the OS!

Most importantly, I am doing MORE with my iPad than I have done with my Tablet PC. I'm actually having lots of FUN, FUN, FUN with it! THIS is what it's all about! I'm finding lots of cool apps that improve my personal productivity and creatvity as well as opening up doors to entertainment, reading and learning. Not only that, I've found ways to use it at work with some of the Paramedicine/Nursing apps I've been able to get. Great stuff!

If you don't have an iPad and aren't sure if one is right, I suggest you go to the Apple Store or to someone who has one, get it into your hands and PLAY with it! You WILL be amazed!

dinaputri91

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I just got my ipad today
I can say that it is my christmas gift from mom
I really happy with this buddy because i can read and save any ibook
Hmmmm it seeem same like my ipod touch

But i love it , im Trying to discover all of fiture and app

Thanks apple

Munky#AC

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I just got a 64GB WiFi iPad yesterday for Christmas and absolutely love this thing! I haven't even touched my laptop or desktop since I got it.

Player1

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Extremely happy with my IPad I primarily use it at home and on the couch whilst watching tv or in bed whilst the wife watches a boring soap opera.
Apps, games, emails, books etc all at your finger tips on a nice size screen light as a feather, what else could you want.

PREferred#IM

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Very nice for what it is. And it's only going to get better in the next few months. The only real negative for me is the lack of a file system. Come April 8 I'm hoping this will be solved.

I agree and hope that the printing issues can be completely resolved. So far that is the main problem I have with the iPad. :)

PREferred#IM

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I am very happy with my Ipad, my wife has been trying to take mine from me, I'm going to have to buy her one as will lol.

Must be a wife thing. My wife does the same. I told her that I will give her mine when the new one comes out, but she wants the new one. I guess that life isn't fair! :)

cellphonejedi

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I am quite happy with my new ipad. You cant beat a free ipad...lol Now once I truly figure out how to download talkatone so I can use it with my google voice account? I will be golden!!