Are you happy with your iPad?

Are you happy with your iPad

• Total voters

combatdoc

Dec 13, 2008
www.ffpblog.com
However I chose to get the Wi-Fi only model only because I dam sure not going to let AT$T Pull more money out of my already depleted pockets. Am paying for 2 iphones already, and see no need to get the 3g model which i dont really need.
:p

I debated the same thing, but I sure am glad I a have the 3G now.
1) I have a real GPS, and it's way faster and more accurate than the one on my iPhone.
2) I decided to try the AT&T plan, and never quite realized how much I relied on access to "the cloud" with my iPhone. I'll probably fork over my $30 a month to the overloads of bad access just cause I need the connectivity.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
does anyone think it would be worth it to get a 3g ipad, ditch the iphone data plan and just use a dumb phone?
I wouldn't give up MY smartphone, at this point. It is so much more easily carried around. Besides, dumbphones have too many down-sides. That's why I gave them up, in the first place.

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I love my iPad, only really use my iPhone to call ppl and use my Macbook Pro for school work using Word etc

andykeating

May 15, 2010
www.sortshots.com
Yes definitely I am very happy with my Ipad...Now no need to carry my laptop every where...Just can carry a handy device.... Reading e books on iPad is the best part I just loved it..

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Needs more apps...

Overall, I am happy with my iPad WiFi+3G. However, I am still waiting for more quality apps to be converted over to the iPad (i.e. - SlingPlayer, BNO News, Engadget App, Mint.com, to name a few...)

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
Overall, I am happy with my iPad WiFi+3G. However, I am still waiting for more quality apps to be converted over to the iPad (i.e. - SlingPlayer, BNO News, Engadget App, Mint.com, to name a few...)
Damned good point about the apps. I feel like I spend too much AND like I can't spend as much as I want to because of the stuff that is (/seems to be) missing.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site

Yeah, I guess that is why apple allowed emulation of iPhone apps on the iPad. You technically can still use those apps they just aren't /better/ than before yet.

Guzman

Mar 18, 2010
www.GuzmanWebsites.com
I love my iPad, only really use my iPhone to call ppl and use my Macbook Pro for school work using Word etc

I use pages for my word processing on the iPad along with my keyboard.

The only thing is that for my schooling, you have to upload a word doc sometimes and you can't upload from the iPad because so far as i can see, it is not supported. Would be nice to have the functionality to "browse to a local spot" and upload.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I use pages for my word processing on the iPad along with my keyboard.

The only thing is that for my schooling, you have to upload a word doc sometimes and you can't upload from the iPad because so far as i can see, it is not supported. Would be nice to have the functionality to "browse to a local spot" and upload.
EDIT: I just found a Dropbox forum that suggests the iWork suite does not currently support It. People have considered different workarounds, though, so i will leave the rest of my post intact in case it leads to other ideas. Sorry.

I don't know a lot about what the product I am going to mention or about your situation but have you considered Dropbox? It is an app that offers online/cloud storage that is compatible with the iPad and personal computers. So, it has some ability (depending on other app support) to up- and download files for use with specific apps.

You get 2gigs of storage for free. You can pay for more if you like. I just got it and am only using the 2 gigs, but besides music and photos, one thing I DO know is that you can use PDF documents pretty easily this way. I am sorry, but I have never used Pages.

alled

Banned
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Simple question.... after you vote be sure to post your reasoning no matter what you choose.

I voted yes simply because it has impressed me more than I ever expected it would. Then I thought that feeling may disappear but it hasn't. For basic functions such as browsing, games, eBooks, etc... it is a amazing device.

If i have one, i will be very happy with it.

Big Dookie

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
All I can say is, I haven't had to pick up my home laptop once since I got my iPad. I'm using it so little (none) that I'm probably going to just sell it now, or give it to a family member.

I think that speaks for itself.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
I really do like my iPad, but I'm wishing it was slightly more robust -- no Flash is a real drawback and negatively affects me for using my iPad for blogging. Sigh.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I love my iPad but I wish it could do the following:

1. Flash: I knew the iPad wouldn't have it when I bought it, and I didn't think I would miss it but I love reading articles on BGR, Giz, and occasionally Engadget, and they ALL still use flash embedded video. Really sucks having to go to my laptop for something the iPad should be able to handle.

2. Better Safari. I don't like that I can't upload pictures to Facebook or other sites. I wish apple would have treated the iPad as more of a computer then a read only device.

3. Camera. There really needs to be a iSight camera on the iPad.