Are you happy with your iPad?

Are you happy with your iPad

• Total voters

sbrianw

Jun 6, 2009
twitter.com
Oh - one thing...and this might be a stupid comment... I wish there were other means for data synching. I wish I could just load a document on the pad via USB rather than loading it through iTunes and synching it via Pages. Maybe there will be some sort of adapter sold soon.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
Oh - one thing...and this might be a stupid comment... I wish there were other means for data synching. I wish I could just load a document on the pad via USB rather than loading it through iTunes and synching it via Pages. Maybe there will be some sort of adapter sold soon.

You may have to have Pages first, I'm not sure. But, you can drag and drop Word and Excel files in iTunes. I think it's at the bottom of the Applications tab. I had already purchased Pages before I noticed this.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
I received my reassurance email from Apple that my 3G iPad will still be shipping "late April", so I'm looking forward to browsing the web on a larger screen when I'm laying in bed. I usually use my iPhone for this task -- rarely does the MBP come out anymore for just surfing due to its size and heating properties ;)

jasonact

May 30, 2008
www.jasonmartinmft.com
I spent some time with an iPad at the Apple Store the other day and noticed a couple of things. First, the on-screen keyboard will take a little getting used to and I look forward to being able to sit down more naturally with my new iPad to find the most comfortable position for typing. Second, even in the short time I used it at the store, I noticed that the predictive text works fairly well on the iPad and I was a better typist if I concentrated less on hitting exactly the right key and focused more on tapping as close as possible and letting the iPad correct my mistakes. :)

I'm hoping to get mine soon, but when I played with the iPad in the Apple Store a couple of weeks ago, I realized that the placement of the keys is a little different than on the iPhone. (I don't remember exactly which buttons messed me up, but I think having the numbers on the top row, which makes sense with the large screen, was the problem.) That really threw me, and I know it will take some getting used to. Also, I think the Delete button being in a different position was difficult.

I think the iPad's arrangement makes more sense than the iPhone's, but after using the iPhone for almost 2 years, I guess I've just gotten used to it.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
I'm hoping to get mine soon, but when I played with the iPad in the Apple Store a couple of weeks ago, I realized that the placement of the keys is a little different than on the iPhone. (I don't remember exactly which buttons messed me up, but I think having the numbers on the top row, which makes sense with the large screen, was the problem.) That really threw me, and I know it will take some getting used to. Also, I think the Delete button being in a different position was difficult.

I think the iPad's arrangement makes more sense than the iPhone's, but after using the iPhone for almost 2 years, I guess I've just gotten used to it.

I bet it won't take long to grow accustomed to the iPad keyboard -- It's more like a laptop keyboard than your iPhone's keyboard, of course. I remember being a little skeptical of the iPhone's touch keyboard when I first got it back in 2007, and now I'm much faster with it than any smartphone physical keyboard I ever had. I'm very interested to see how quickly I adapt to regular use of the iPad's keyboard.

mcgentile

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm I Happy?...

Well,after I got got my 2nd one I was. I had my premier one for two days until I tried to run a video and it froze after a couple of minutes. I took it back,started another video that froze after about 10 seconds in front of one of our Geniuses and got another one that seemed to be frost proof!

Last edited:

Eulinne

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I love mine it's one of the best purchases I have ever made. I have the wifi version no AT&T service where I live. I haven't had any problems and it does everything i expected it to no disappointment here.:)

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I just got the 3G version. It was a lil shaky for a while, there, and I'm still annoyed that iTunes and a computer are so essential to using the device, but we're off and running, now, with AT&T.

It's worth the thirty bucks just to know what the thing can and cannot do.

I may tell the tale of Best Buy's screw-up, later. Later.

nroldan83

Jan 6, 2009
Visit site
I will be happy once i get it... I cancelled my pre-order my mistake and now I have to wait 5 to 7 days for delivery :-( ...... So it will be here next friday... but Im traveling that day and not coming back for 5 days.... :-(

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I love my iPad!! Stood in line outsidenthe north Michigan Ave store in Chicago for less then five minutes, walked out with my 64gb iPad in under 15 minutes!!!

czechmark

May 2, 2010
Visit site
An amazing device!

A lighting internet browser. Great for viewing photo images. A convenient portable library for eBooks, User Manuals and other Tech References.

My initial unit stopped charging after 10 days but the Apple Store provided a quick exchange.

Last edited:

chippy19977

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I just got my iPad today and so far, I love it! It's nice to be able to lay on the couch without having a laptop on me.

The keyboard will take a while to get used to, but it took me a while to get used to my iPhone too.

I was also nervous about all the wifi issues I've read about, but so far, so good.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I just got my iPad today and so far, I love it! It's nice to be able to lay on the couch without having a laptop on me.

The keyboard will take a while to get used to, but it took me a while to get used to my iPhone too.

I was also nervous about all the wifi issues I've read about, but so far, so good.

I have had some of the same wifi issues on this model as the wifi one, except for the limited internet speeds I got on the wifi model.

I am loving the AT&T signal penetration as compared to Sprint's.

ic22

Jan 27, 2009
Visit site
I got mine on Friday (3G version)?..and I haven't stopped playing with it. This has replaced my iPhone as my internet connection around the house. I no longer have to carry the "big lap top" around. The battery life is great, the screen is amazing. I can't wait for more apps to come around, and of course OS 4 will be another huge advance.

Thanks Steve, great piece of equipment.

:):)

combatdoc

Dec 13, 2008
www.ffpblog.com
I am loving mine except for two issues:
1) I can't upload photos to Facebook with safari
2) When my wife is sleeping with her head on my chest, it's a bit heavy to hold one handed and read upside down....lol