Are you happy with your iPad?

Are you happy with your iPad

• Total voters

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Clearly the iPad isn't for everyone. I initially used mine like crazy then went through a spell where it sat a bit. Then over the last couple of weeks I've been taking it with me a good bit. Just an example today while I was waiting on my meal to be served I was able to do several things very quickly on my iPad. If I would have had to use my iPhone it would have been really time consuming.

I think you have to integrate it into your life. I have found that there are some apps that have not been updated for the iPad, but that isn't Apple's fault. That is the dev team for those apps. You take Facebook. What the hell are they waiting on? Upgrade your stupid app already!

The ownership cost is pretty good for a device that is somewhat limited. It isn't a laptop replacement, so whoever thought that I have to say you didn't really do your homework very well. I think the iPad is more of a device for consuming content, much more so than being a productivity device. Though you can do some productivity it is still somewhat limited. I think over time this thing will expand in capability.

I do sometimes wish I had waited for the 2nd generation, but for now I am happy with it. I watched a couple of shows on ABC app last night before going to bed. This evening I watched a movie in Netflix while my wife was entertaining some female friends in a baby shower.

For me it was worth it. But I can see that it would not be for everyone!

Last edited:

gsscout7

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I am happy with my iPad, but it seems incredibly fragile, and it needs a case. I've seen stuff like DODO and the normal apple one. The dodo is too bulky, and the apple case is too flimsy and I think has a flaw in the design. I just checked out Caveman Case Co. and they have some really nice stuff thats right in the middle. Here's the site, its a couple bucks less than the dodo, and personally i think it looks much nicer cavemancase .com is the site.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I love my iPad. I got one super cheap when a buddy of mine wanted to upgrade to the 3G version. I use it every day and rarely need to turn on my laptop at home anymore.

pchris

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
There is no reason i shouldn't love it..it is a great device with amazing visuals and functionality. I am traveling a lot and definitely comes in handy.

Itwasntme

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm extremely pleased with mine. I use it at home to browse the web, read and write email, gaming by myself and sometimes with my daughter, reading books, streaming netflix movies, and watching ABC tv shows.

At work it replaces my notepads in meetings. No more losing the notes I've taken.

For heavy duty computing I switch to my desktop, but for casual usage this has replaced my laptop.

staccato

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
New iPad case to hold both iPad + Apple BT keyboard on the road

Just got a new iPad case "Padbook - Linen" from online store - pianomedia.net :D It is very suitable for me to bring along my COOL Apple wireless BT keyboard when using iPad on the road. Merging the idea of an iPad case and the image of a netbook... Now I don't need to use the onscreen keyboard for Email and office work!

2pugs+gmom22

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
I love this thing!!

I have had my iPad for exactly 47 hours and I couldn't be happier! It is a wonderful thing not to have to put on my glasses to see or do anything on it. My 2 yr old grandson used to love the aquarium app on my iPhone. I can't wait until he sees it on this!

Kathy in NC

Jerryk#IM

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I love it. I had some serious buyer's remorse for a few days, then I started using it regularly in my day to day routine. I probably use it for 85% of my daily computing needs.

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I love it. I had some serious buyer's remorse for a few days, then I started using it regularly in my day to day routine. I probably use it for 85% of my daily computing needs.
I'm right there with you. When I first bought it, I was like AMAZING. Then the day after, it hit me. I just spent $650 on this thing!?!?! Now I use it for the majority of anything I do online. But I still have the trusty laptop for the more hardcore stuff.

NavarroOne

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I love my new iPad simply because it is the fastest internet browsing machine I have ever owned. And then comes the rich supply of iPad Applications at my fingertips. Also, showing off pictures has never been more fun and exciting for others to see. I love it!

Well said, I second the comments

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree with most here. I love my iPad. I'm on Verizon and I have the Palm Pre Plus and Verizon gives me 5GB of tethering data a month so usually at my desk I've got my iPad and my iPod Touch sitting next to each other, both tethered to my Palm. I absolutely do NOT regret getting one!!!

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I'm happy with it, despite my criticisms of it/its design.

I recently had an accident that left me physically impaired and having the iPad has made it easier to do certain tasks that would've required my small, but too-
heavy-for-my-left-hand-to-lift laptop.

Also, my girlfriend, whom I've yet to "sell" on the iPad just took a flight that, while not directly FROM hell, quite likely passed through it. She had a six hour layover, not counting the many, MANY other obstacles that were in her path. Finding free, convenient wifi hotspots/strong signals and places to charge her phone was a pain.

If she had an iPad, the battery and 3G connection (not to mention calling apps like "Line 2") would have helped alleviate the stress and strain.

She agrees, but adds that its lack of multitasking might've made it less useful than one might have thought. Luckily, her Pre multitasks and the worst of the travel (to the destination, anyway) appears to be over.

So yeah, there are a number of reasons that I'm happy with the iPad. It fulfills a need, for sure, even if it has its toy-ish side and monotasks.

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
There is a problem with it- overheat!

i've had my iPad overheat once, and it was because I brought it outside in direct sunlight, on a rather hot day, in a motel parking lot (lots of blacktop and cement), in a case, streaming a podcast from my Mac in the house via 802.11n.

5 minutes later, after bringing it back inside, it was fine.

Point to remember, however, is that I could barely see what was on the screen while it was outside, to the point where it was unusable. It would have been better to just have a pocketed iPhone or iPod Touch, since it was just playing an audio stream anyway.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73