WiFi Problems

Zer0

Jul 29, 2008
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing issues with wifi? My ipad drops the wifi signal while browsing or using it.When it drops and you go into settings wifi and click on the SSID it says failed to join network. Turning off wifi and turning it back on will allow it to connect again I am using WPA2 for security. I tried today at my office as well the router uses WEP and it connected and then also dropped but when I tried clicking on the SSID it prompted me for the WEP key again and after typing it in it would not accept it. If I turn wifi off then on again it connects. I tried resetting network settings and that didn't help. I am going to try a restore on it tonight and see if that fixes my issue.

Zer0

Jul 29, 2008
Visit site
I decide to go to the apple store last night and swap out my Ipad; I am glad I did I have no connection issues any longer. In the store where the Demo Ipad had full signal mine only had the first dot of the fan lit up and every once in a while it would jump to the first wave and then back to the dot. It definitely was a radio issue with mine; In my office I was barely getting 500kbs now I am up at 14000kbs night and day difference. My Ipad was pre ordered and shipped to my house on the 3rd.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
The closest I've come to a wifi issue is that my iPad doesn't see my wifi network when I am on the edge of it. My Pre and laptop can see the network at that point, though. Admittedly, the Pre didn't surf as well on that edge, but it made me wonder.

Not a deal breaker, at this point.

Hesynergy#IM

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered as well. Going to the Louisville store to swap....on the way to the machine gun shoot and getting this ol' fat body fitted for a tux for my daughter's wedding

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I am having problems also....

Unfortunately, neither I nor Apple can go adjust the routers on wifi networks in hotels, airports, coffee shops, etc. where I may want to use my iPad. I love the thing, but I am tired of having to re-log into iTunes during long downloads, not to mention what it does to Netflix!

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I am now having just about all of the wifi problems that are listed here. iPad couldn't connect to a restaurant's wifi network, last night, but all of our other devices could.

At another place, connecting is smooth and easy.

What a pain it is, not knowing if you'll connect or for how long.

iamfudge

May 7, 2009
Visit site
No problems here, I did notice that my iPad drops off before my iPhone does though. A good couple of feet, my phone is still connected, and iPad is done.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro