Official iPad bug report/trouble-shooting thread

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Every 1.0 product has its share of bugs and glitches, problems and defects. Have you found one with your iPad? Share them below, and if you think your problem is big enough for its own thread, drop a link here so we can track it and trouble shoot.

ronarchy

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I have had a rough day dealing with iTunes 9.1, synching the iPad, having my iPhone 3GS go into restore mode during synch and repeatedly getting an error saying iTunes could not access synch server data and now my restored iPhone is left in factory settings because of the synch problem!
I am trying to reinstall iTunes but it is downloading at a trickle. I feel fortunate that the iPad finally got synched after several attempts.

The iPad is working, though. I am having trouble with the ABC app as is everyone else on Twitter. Is anyone else having trouble with iTunes 9.1?

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
This may not be a bug, but out 3 pc's 1 a desktop and 2 laptops, one being less than 6 months old none of them is able to charge the iPad via USB. Not happy with that. I'm still not taking back!

combatdoc

Dec 13, 2008
www.ffpblog.com
You need to use a Higher Power USB Port. On older laptops you may be out of luck. try switching ports on your machine and see if that helps, or maybe using a powered usb hub..

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
You need to use a Higher Power USB Port. On older laptops you may be out of luck. try switching ports on your machine and see if that helps, or maybe using a powered usb hub..

Yea I've tried all the ports on my pc's. If anything I would of thought that my sons 6 month old laptop would surely work. But no joy.

blakgzus

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
bug

i initially loaded up COD:WAW Zombies
only to have the iphone version getstuck in 1x mode.
Originally i was able to go between 2x and 1x but now its just stuck on 1
I did download the ipad version which works fine, but i still think thats kinda jankie.

thats all folks!
porky_pig.jpg

beachterp

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Yahoo Calendar Not Completely Syncing

Using the same settings as on my iPhone, the iPad is not pulling all my calendar information. It's actually pulling the sub-calendars, but not the main one. I've deleted and re-added the CalDav Yahoo calendar settings a couple times, but with no success.

mketchum

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Dimmed screen in bright light

Yesterday I tried to use the iPad outside. It was bright outside. The screen would go dim right away and I could not use it at all. Tried to turn on and off, but it kept happening. It seamed worse in portrait mode. In landscape mode i was eventually able to use it. Anybody else experienced this?

TracyVision

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Once you've added an event in Calendar you can't change what Calendar it's in. I have the same issue with my phone but didn't expect this limitation from an app they designed from scratch. Am I the only one who uses multiple calendars?! And perhaps not a bug but a CAPS lock feature would be nice.

ifarlow

Mar 1, 2010
www.ianfarlow.com
Yep... caps lock exists just like it does on the iPhone, and I too hate that I can't change the calendar an event is assigned to once the event has been entered.

manusan

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Using the same settings as on my iPhone, the iPad is not pulling all my calendar information. It's actually pulling the sub-calendars, but not the main one. I've deleted and re-added the CalDav Yahoo calendar settings a couple times, but with no success.

Have you solved? to me something like that happens and I could not fix it.

onlyagibson

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I have an issue when playing video and trying to bring up the control interface. I sometimes have to tap on the screen repeatedly before it will come up. In some cases I have to tap over and over for twenty ot thirty seconds. Anyone else see this issue?

bcaslis#IM

Jun 18, 2002
caslis.com
Anyone seen that you can't turn if off if plugged into AC? Turns off if not plugged in, but will only sleep on AC. If I shut down on AC it turns back on.

BRiphone

Sep 22, 2008
Visit site
Mine is not letting me access my yahoo mail. I was able to yesterday and then today there were issues with me not being able to access my emails or retrieve new emails. I deleted the account in settings and then added an account the same way I did before thinking that would solve the issue. Now I am not able to access any mail, mail contacts or anything from my yahoo account. I know I can just check my mail via Yahoo, but whats the point of having the mail button?! Everything is still working fine on my iPhone. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: artdeco

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh