Going from Kindle to iPad....anyone else like me?

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Hey all....So I'll admit. At first I wasn't going to get the new iPad. But as I was reading a book on my Kindle two weeks ago, I said, ya know what am I doing. So, gave the Kindle to the wife, and now I am getting the iPad.

Is anyone else in the same boat, jump Kindle to iPad? I read lots of books I hope the iPad doesn't kill my eyes. I spent all of last night loading my Project Gutenberg books into the new iTunes release. Can't wait to purchase some books from iTunes, hopefully get my NY Times subscription as well!

Have fun with the iPad kids :p

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Hey all....So I'll admit. At first I wasn't going to get the new iPad. But as I was reading a book on my Kindle two weeks ago, I said, ya know what am I doing. So, gave the Kindle to the wife, and now I am getting the iPad.

Is anyone else in the same boat, jump Kindle to iPad? I read lots of books I hope the iPad doesn't kill my eyes. I spent all of last night loading my Project Gutenberg books into the new iTunes release. Can't wait to purchase some books from iTunes, hopefully get my NY Times subscription as well!

Well, I am certain that reading books will be one of my applications on my iPad as it is on my iPhone. While I love Kindle as a service and buy lots of books there, having a separate device for reading books does not appeal to me I had been reading e-books for years before the Kindle or any other dedicate readers had been introduced.

I have four e-book applications, including the Kindle app, on my iPhone. On day one, I expect to have five on my iPad. Perhaps I will be able to manage that down but I will not be in a hurry. When I read, I focus on the content: the features of media, electronic or otherwise, rapidly disabppear beneath my level of notice.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
I dabbled with the notion of buying a Kindle some time ago, but once I heard whisperings of the iPad, I knew I wanted to wait for Apple's new device that would be so much more than just an ebook reader. For me, that's the beauty of it -- ebook reader, photo album, internet surfer, word processor, music player, calendar, email -- Kindle can't hold a candle. However, the Kindle has it's place at a lower price point.

skirsk

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site

I'm sure there are many like you, even the ones that won't admit it for fear of being labeled a bandwagon fan. Hell, it is such a great multi purpose device that I think a lot of people really get lost in the "it's not a laptop killer", "I've already got a Kindle", "Its too expensive for a simple book reader", etc. What you have is an extremely good ebook reader, a great web device, the sheer number of apps and what they do is what makes the iPhone what it is, and on and on.

I think more and more people are realizing exactly how handy of a device this thing will be. Is it "everything", that "everyone" want it to be? No of course not, in the vein of you can't please everyone. It is a lot to a lot of people? Most definitely. Of course you have many people that don't have 500 bucks freely available to jump on board right now, and some who may not have a use for it, but I think for those who realize what it can and will do for them, will be pleased with it. Congrats to you on picking one up, and you are in an awesome position in that you get to pass down another device to someone else. Sometimes we get lost in our technology and forget a hand-me-down of a older device to us seem like shedding dead weight, but to someone else, getting their own of the same equipment is a new happy toy for them. The idea of me getting a new iPhone in June and my friend getting my 3G has her bouncing. For all picking one up on Saturday, enjoy the Pads!

Guzman

Mar 18, 2010
www.GuzmanWebsites.com
I'd love to have an iPad as well, but what sold me on Kindle 2 was its small frame and its e-ink technology and exceptional battery life. I can read in the sun without issues.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
The Kindle is just hardware. I'm interested in seeing the Kindle for ipad app. In that way, it complements also having a cheap e-ink kindle.

I had thought about selling the Kindle but for what i could get for it, it may just be better to keep it. Use it for longer reads or so i don't tie up the iPad if someone else wants to use it.

Amazon's problem then is getting people to use its store or ecosystem which is their real goal anyways. Hardware is a good way such as the Kindle 2. But with the iPad out + a kindle app, that's hardware as well. Time to mark down those kindles, get people to buy them and let them know about the other ways they can read those kindle books.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73