IPad Pro 2020 - Emoji key misplaced

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Has anybody here bought a new 2020 iPad Pro 11” lately? I did a fortnight ago and I am frustrated to find that the emoji and abc keys are reversed. I have fully erased the device and set it up again, but still the problem remains. I would restore it completely if my MacBook wasn’t going in for repair this week.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Has anybody here bought a new 2020 iPad Pro 11” lately? I did a fortnight ago and I am frustrated to find that the emoji and abc keys are reversed. I have fully erased the device and set it up again, but still the problem remains. I would restore it completely if my MacBook wasn’t going in for repair this week.

This is the correct keyboard for the iPad Pro 11” and 12.9”

https://support.apple.com/guide/ipad/welcome/ios

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
That's strange, because I went to the IStore today and looked at the demonstration model and it had the keys in "normal position".

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don’t have an 11-inch iPad Pro, but I do have the 12.9-inch model and when I look at the on-screen keyboard, it looks identical to the one on my iPhone 11 Pro Max in landscape mode. The emoji keyboard is to the left of the ABC/123 key.

Last edited:

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
That's strange, because I went to the IStore today and looked at the demonstration model and it had the keys in "normal position".

My iPhone 6S had arrow keys with the virtual keyboard in landscape. My iPhone 8, which was the exact same screen size, didn’t. There really isn’t a “normal” position for keyboard layouts in my opinion.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Had a long chat with one of the senior technicians at Apple Support this morning. It definitely shouldn’t be this way. As my MacBook is currently not working, I am going to take it in to the authorised Apple reseller I bought it from, so we can do the restore from one of their computers. Will keep you posted as to the outcome.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I don’t have an 11-inch iPad Pro, but I do have the 12.9-inch model and when I look at the on-screen keyboard, it looks identical to the one on my iPhone 11 Pro Max in landscape mode. The emoji keyboard is to the left of the ABC/123 key.

That is puzzling. My old iPad Air 2 and my iPhone 6s and an even older iPad 2 have the emoji key to the right of the ABC/123. That is why the new Pro keyboard is so disconcerting to me anyway.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That is puzzling. My old iPad Air 2 and my iPhone 6s and an even older iPad 2 have the emoji key to the right of the ABC/123. That is why the new Pro keyboard is so disconcerting to me anyway.

I hear ya. I’m so busy these days to where I honestly haven’t noticed. Besides, I use my iPad Pro with the Magic Keyboard now. In the meantime, have a great day.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro